FYI: I'm using 2010 AutoCAD Architecture.

I have frequently run into a problem with not being able to drag and drop model space views onto a sheet using Project Navigator. In doing my research for a solution, I've come across many possibilities and found two that seem to work the best. I just figured I would share to save others hassle in the future.

The first solution I've been able to use is to delete the sheet file and create a new one. This allows me to drag and drop views onto the sheet. But it is really undesirable for several reasons. But it is an option.

The second solution I've found (and the best for my situation) was when I learned that if the sheet file name and the corresponding .xml file names do not match, it won't let you drag views onto it. So if you change the file names to match (I changed the .xml file name) it seems to work.

In the Sheet properties (right click sheet file name > select properties), at the bottom right where is says "Rename drawing file to match", I have both Sheet title and Prefix with sheet number checked. On one website I found that if this is unchecked, you should not have problems with not being able to drag and drop views. But I'd rather keep this ability. But the website also said that if this is selected, and you change the name of the sheet, it will not automatically change the corresponding .xml file (hence the problem with the file names not matching.

In my case, my drawing file was named "A0.02 Life Safety Plans.dwg" and my .xml file name was "#####-A0.02 Life Safety Plans.xml". I renamed the .xml file to "A0.02 Life Safety Plans" and I'm now able to drag and drop views.

Tada!!!

Hope this helps someone else in the future.