Thread: Point Groups and how they apply to design sheets, how do I turn some off per sheet?

Login to Give a bone

Default Point Groups and how they apply to design sheets, how do I turn some off per sheet?

Hello all,

I am rather new too civil 3D. I work in a Microstation heavy firm, but am my group's only drafter. I am slowly teaching my self C3D 2014 through the tutorials, blogs, etc.

The issue I am having, is I am wanting some point groups to show in some P&Ps and others to show in other P&Ps. I understand the point group structure and creating an "invisible" point group so that those points do not show up and having the points I do want to show up being above that "invisible" point group. And this works great for the file(ProjectName_Prop_Points.dwg) I have the proposed points in. However how does this apply to the design files that have my (ProjectName_Prop_Points.dwg) referenced into? How do I have some point groups on and others not on? When I go to Toolspace while in the design files, the point groups are not there for me to manipulate from the xref file.

Thanks for all the help, cheers.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Point Groups and how they apply to design sheets, how do I turn some off per sheet?

Since it's not possible to really DRef points/point groups, I think you'll be stuck with layer manipulation

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Point Groups and how they apply to design sheets, how do I turn some off per sheet?

Yea figured out the workaround.
    Toolspace --> Prospector Tab --> Point Groups --> Go to Point Group --> Right Click on Point Group where second group of points are --> Properties --> Under Point Label Style, Copy current selection --> Rename Point Group 2 or whatever --> Under the Label tab, change the layer to the desired layer.

What was getting me in the beginning with this, is I had switched the layers using just the normal properties drop down. But the C3D Point was still under the C-Node layer instead of the one I had switched it to.