Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just a little photoshop

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

You have seen building before, just finised the rendering for the site sign board (3.00 am!!), quite happy with it... the original image is 9500 pixels wide so it is a bit smaller here, its a grass roof incase you are wondering why its green.....

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Just a little photoshop

Lookin good Martin !!

The reflecting pool is particularly nice. What extras did you add to achieve that ?

How long to render the whole thing ?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by beegee
    Lookin good Martin !!

The reflecting pool is particularly nice. What extras did you add to achieve that ?

How long to render the whole thing ?
    Not sure how long it took, I left it overnight but it REALLY looked on the edge of hanging when I was exporting the image out - I think it just managed... the water was one of the accurender ones just made more reflective and I picked the blurry reflections option in Revit. I am still not sure about the painted trees in the foreground though, they are coming out I think, and I wish I had lots of cars!! but I am looking forward to seeing it printed very large, I am told it is going to be 4m x3m approx!!!

I think the foreground in this one is better?

(edited - grass roof made darker)

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Martin,

I think the reflecting pool looks GREAT. The building looks good too, the roof material is not as successful...it just doesn't read as grass to me, jpg squashing could be the culprit?

The trees in the foreground work for me but the horizon paint work isn't as convincing to me....I think a different material for the roof and ground would help separate the bldg and site better and not seem to be "one" despite the appearance of distance.

Despite my nitpicky complaints, it is a really nice looking composition. The reflecting pool looks GREAT...did I say that yet?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Stafford
    Martin,

I think the reflecting pool looks GREAT. The building looks good too, the roof material is not as successful...it just doesn't read as grass to me, jpg squashing could be the culprit? The trees in the foreground work for me but the horizon paint work isn't as convincing to me....

Despite my nitpicky complaints, it is a really nice looking composition. The reflecting pool looks GREAT...did I say that yet?
    I agree the grass roof is a dissapointment , I am considering a fair bit of photoshop work to make it look better... just not sure how, I think it needs to look less "flat" somehow, it seems to smooth at the moment and the colour is maybe too green? suggestions appreciated!!

All AUGI, all the time Roger Evans's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

That's very interesting Martin

A lot of work there.

I think the paths would look better in a different material ie not grey

Maybe the shadows could be longer

What did the straight Accurender look like from the same viewpoint ?
    Can you post a small one?

Cheers

Roger

Login to Give a bone

Nice woirk Martin. Are the foreground trees and the car'shopped in? They look of a different quality to the remainder of the image.

why printed at 4 x 3 is it going on a site hoarding? You'll be takinf on Hayes Davidson soon.

I could stop if I wanted to Kroke's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

What kind of building is this for? Sustainable Architecture? Why in the world would the roof be grass? That'd be a cool job mowing it though, hehe.

I agree, I like the water reflections...very nice.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

So, where does the sod roof get documented, on the roof plan or on the topo plan? Nice work.

Login to Give a bone

I have a grass library and component that makes the grass in the image. basically what you do is use the grass material included in the attachement, then you make a groundcover family(also attached) place the family and render, its kind of render intensive, but looks great.

further instructions:
    Here's all you need to produce this grass. Unzip the folder, and put the mlib and
    plib in your renderer's libraries folder, along with the bmp. You may need to open the
    plant editor and re-direct the various settings, I'm not sure if you'll need to or not.
    If you do, for each leaf in the plant definition (there are four) go to edit>geometry and
    check that the location of the opacity map is directed correctly, then go to the
    "settings" tab in there and make sure the material definition is pointing to the correct
    materials.

To use this in a rendering, make a plane and assign the "grass leaf - heath3" material to
    it, then insert the grass as a plant, making the area of the groundcover the same size as
    the plane you just made.
    Senior Project Manager | Associate

BECK

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast