Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just a little photoshop

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Just a little photoshop

Quote Originally Posted by sbrown
    , its kind of render intensive, but looks great.

Excellent!!! thank you Scott, I will render just the roof on that view with your new material, then do a cut and past in photoshop - should help with the rendering. I will post the result, which by the looks of the bit you posted is going to be much better than then current view. Thanks again!! sorry I havent replied sooner, but I havent been here to busy with that job posted in this thread.... back soon though

Martin.

Login to Give a bone

While we are on the subject of grass- is it possible to change the basic color of a grass .jpg texture? I had a rendering where the grass was too dark, but I couldn't seem to make it lighter no matter how I tried to edit the material.

Login to Give a bone

Wow, usually my grass is tooo light. but just open the bmp, in photoshop and adjust the brightness and contrast until you get what you want, you can also layer fills of diff. colors on top. PHotoshop or paint shop pro are a must for rendering. paint shop pro is cheap and easy to use and has many of the same features.
    Scott D. Brown, AIA
    Senior Project Manager | Associate

BECK

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Scott,

In your post above, you mentioned: "To use this in a rendering, make a plane and assign the "grass leaf - heath3" material to it, then insert the grass as a plant, making the area of the groundcover the same size as
    the plane you just made."

I've assigened the "grass leaf - heath3" to my toposurface. Now, how do I do the final step of insert the grass as a plant?

I'm sorry, but I'm new to this and I don't understand what to do. Any additional help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

I was wondering if anyone could help me with getting this grass to display correctly. Scott's done a great job with this, and I would like to use it a rendering that I need to get done this week.

What I've done is assign the "grass leaf - heath3" to my toposurface. What I don't understand is how do I insert the grass as a plant? Also, how do I make the area of the groundcover the same size as the toposurface?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Scott isn't ignoring you, he's just moving his family to the west coast...so he's probably between ISP's among other things. I've not experimented with his info, hopefully Martin can step up?

Login to Give a bone

Steve,

I know Scott has always helped people on this board, and I wasn't thinking he was ignoring me. I figured he was taking time off for this holiday weekend.

I'm sorry if I gave the wrong impression. I just have to get this rendering done. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

No worries, you didn't offend anyone...just wrote to let you know why Scott can't help out. It's toward the end of day for Martin so we'll see if he can shed some light on it for you.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Stafford
    No worries, you didn't offend anyone...just wrote to let you know why Scott can't help out. It's toward the end of day for Martin so we'll see if he can shed some light on it for you.
    Sorry guys, but I didnt get a chance to try it ops: The client was happy with the Rendering and I had already spent my allocated amount of time on it, so I never tried. Am just too busy and had to move on to the next job....... Next time I render something I will definitely be using it though, I have never used groundcover myself either, must be somebody here who knows though!

I hope you willpost the rendering with or without the grass for us to see though

Português - Revit Moderator fernando's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

i tried the grass plant in a render
    it works fine
    i will post a exemple soon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast