here it is
    the rectangle is the grass plant
    the surface material has the grass bitmap in it
    Attached Images Attached Images

Standing on the shoulders of giants... in Atlanta
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Just a little photoshop

Hey Martin,

Kudos from me as well. OT - I just started Lord Of The Rings -- not sure how many times this will make -- in prep for the third & final movie. Yep, I'm a 36-year-old Dungeons & Dragons geek. Anyway, I've done a bit of reading over the years on Earth Shelters, sod roofs, and basic hippie-spun green architecture. Have you done alot of this sort of thing?

John K.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by John K.
    Hey Martin,

Kudos from me as well. OT - I just started Lord Of The Rings -- not sure how many times this will make -- in prep for the third & final movie. Yep, I'm a 36-year-old Dungeons & Dragons geek. Anyway, I've done a bit of reading over the years on Earth Shelters, sod roofs, and basic hippie-spun green architecture. Have you done alot of this sort of thing?

John K.
    Wellllllll..... I've drawn a lot of this sort of thing, cant take the credit for the designs - that would be the boss! But yes we are really going for the hippie thing at the moment We are working on another scheme, housing, with really high u values - lots of glazing for solar gain and a district heating scheme for the whole place - it runs on bails of scrub etc cut from the forests locally (would normally just be mulched or burnt off) should be pretty interesting. And the boss has been to Scandanavia, Wales and believe it or not a local hippie commune (the findhorn foundation, they probably have a web site?) to find out about green building.....

No Hobbit holes designed as yet though, but there is a building up here in a garden centre that does have a "Hill" grass roof, is partly built into a bank and has round windows!!....

Cant wait till december myself to see the final one! - even though I know what happens next having also read the lot myself, though I only got about a 100 pages into the Silmarallion, I just couldnt read any more of that one

All AUGI, all the time ajayholland's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Yes, The Silmarillion is a hard read the first time through, but ultimately gives much more insight into the first and second ages and into the skill and talent of the author.

-AJH

Login to Give a bone

Martin

I'm just in from a whiskey tasting (Irish you'll note from the spelling) hosted by the engineers behind Bed Zed, London's most renowned and succesful green estate. The entertainment were the estate's own band!

You should send Colin down this way, I'm sure Lachlan McDonald, my host tonight would be pleased to meet him.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by PeterJ
    Martin

I'm just in from a whiskey tasting (Irish you'll note from the spelling) hosted by the engineers behind Bed Zed, London's most renowned and succesful green estate. The entertainment were the estate's own band!

You should send Colin down this way, I'm sure Lachlan McDonald, my host tonight would be pleased to meet him.
    Bedford Zero Eneregy Development isnt it? one of guys here showed me that in his AJ - look really interesting - especially the roofs!! I am sure Colin would be very interested in seeing it, and we are all always intrested in him going away for a few days Did you pick up anything on Insulation as a matter of interest Pete? We have to try and make a 33% improvement on the minimum U values in the building regs for these new houses and arent sure yet what we are going to use - othere than just making it all 33% thicker which seems a poor option! would like to keep it all reasonably slim if we can.

For anyone that can help....
    Minimum we are tying to achieve are -
    walls 0.20
    ceilings 0.1
    floors (timber suspended) 0.17

Login to Give a bone

The projects engineer on Bed Zed is a good mate, I'll ask him what the specs were.

Meantime, they have a website.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

fernando,

How did you create the rectangle to map the grass material to it? If you could give me a step-by-step I would really appeciate it. Could you also post a simple Revit file with it?

Thanks in advance

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123