Stair:
I recently upgraded to 2014 from 2012. Just realized the stair got changed.
1. when I selected straight / run, I click and the dwg, it starts drawing the stair, I can see dimension string lines on 2 sides and there are grips to adjust the length. But seems the dimensions are greyed out, you cannot input # to get the overall length, you have to drag the grip, it is very hard to control for some special stairs...
2. I made a stair, under property, I set the top level 7'-3" as I wanted. But the section just does not look right, i measured and found out it is only 7'-0" and there is a warning" top end exceeds or cannot reach the top elevation of the stair". So I select "Edit Stair", clicked the stair, realized the "relative top height" is 7'-0". So I tried to input 7'-3", I got a message" top elevation of the run should not be less than value of extend below base". I do not know where I can find extend below base value. I cannot figure out to change the relative top height either. Please help.

I have a general coordination question. I am an architect. Normally we exchange background w/ consultants. now since a lot of projects are using revit, we are exchanging models now. but their view does not work for me. do I need to open their model and change it or add a view for my usage or I should ask my consultants to provide me a view? To be more specific, they have some temporary unit on the roof which will be removed after completion. but they showed on their dwgs which I do not want to show on mine. so, it has to be individually turned off from their model (They did not use filter to control display)I do not want to touch their model cause #1, I feel like owning their model then have some liability issue. #2, I have to do this every time they update their model.
but on the other hand,for old days, if we get CAD from consultants, we do open their file and modify for our usage and we do every time we exchange backgrounds...
how do you guys deal w/ this???

thank you so much!

utc