Thread: "Demote" Data Shortcuts

Login to Give a bone

Default "Demote" Data Shortcuts

I have a file with about 18 data ref'd alignments. When I opened it up this morning, ALL of the data refs had been promoted and nobody in the office will fess up. This file has alignment labels up the wazoo, so deleting, re-referencing, and re-labeling is pretty much out of the question. Is there any way to force the alignments to call back to their source drawing?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: "Demote" Data Shortcuts

Quote Originally Posted by scott.jeffers View Post
    I have a file with about 18 data ref'd alignments. When I opened it up this morning, ALL of the data refs had been promoted and nobody in the office will fess up. This file has alignment labels up the wazoo, so deleting, re-referencing, and re-labeling is pretty much out of the question. Is there any way to force the alignments to call back to their source drawing?
    Well, the quickest way is to simply restore the drawing from yesterday's (or prior) backup, no?

[Insert reference to cadtag's AU course here]
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

I just walked through 20 day's worth of backups. It's been like this for quite a while. Don't blame me; I was on vacation!!

Login to Give a bone

I just walked through 20 day's worth of backups. It's been like this for quite a while. Don't blame me; I was on vacation!!
    Without the ability to restore a copy from backup, I'm afraid that what little I know of C3D .NET API does not suggest this is possible; perhaps someone smarter than I can educate us both.

Cheers

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Update: Problem solved (a while ago). Half of the office was on 2013 and the other half was on 2014. Although they are technically the same generation file format, data shortcuts, once opened with 2014, will show as promoted in 2013. This is a known Civ 3D bug. I guess it's on of those UPGRADE, OR ELSE deals.

Login to Give a bone

Update: Problem solved (a while ago). Half of the office was on 2013 and the other half was on 2014. Although they are technically the same generation file format, data shortcuts, once opened with 2014, will show as promoted in 2013. This is a known Civ 3D bug. I guess it's on of those UPGRADE, OR ELSE deals.
    Glad you got it sorted, and thanks for posting the cause - I also hope you're not responsible for rolling out the mixed-version environment, without first testing the cross-version functionality. Haha *yikes*

Cheers

Computer Specs: