Thread: export to pdf defaults to raster processsing, help!

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Unhappy export to pdf defaults to raster processsing, help!

We've been having a problem plotting to pdf. Even though "Vector Processing" is checked in the Print Setup dialogue box, the pdf plots out rasterized. This is only happening with our floor plan, as all other views and sheets print correctly.

The plan has no shadows or images linked in. I have tried to turn off things like all imported categories, all annotations, all revit/cad links,furniture, detail items, etc. to no avail!

We plot using Adobe PDF. Perhaps I could use another pdf converter, although we've never had a problem with Adobe PDF until now. Plotting to the actual printer from Revit churns out crisp lines.

Any help would be appreciated! Especially with 100% CD's coming up soon... Thanks!

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: export to pdf defaults to raster processsing, help!

I used to have some problems with Adobe pdf, then I switched to CutePDF Writer – no problems at all.
    I’m not sure what the problem is in your case, but setting raster quality to high will give you pretty decent result.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I wonder if there is a raster image in one of the families. If you have Ideate Explorer, you may be able to uncover hidden elements in the model.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Hello, I am new to AUGI and can't seem to find anyone with the same problem as me, but this was the closest. I am trying to send my revit file to PDF using CutePDF. Any time there are shadows on a page, it comes out weird, blocky, and glitchy, with pieces of the drawings all layered over each other multiple times. I have attempted to re-install my CutePDF as well as downloaded and tried two other PDF creators with no change. I also sent it to someone else who managed to send to PDF using CutePDF with no problems - so it is definitely something on my end. If I turn off shadows, it plots perfectly, and pages without shadows also plot perfectly. Any thoughts? I have attached a screen shot of the pdf. Thanks in advance and let me know if there is somewhere better for me to post this
    Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 11.19.09 PM.png