Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restored performance

Wish List Administration

Default Restored performance

Summary: More stability and performance

Description: AutoCAD has become a slow program to work with over the years. The last version I could properly work with is 2012, all successors are utterly slow, 2015 being the absolute winner!
    I wish AutoDesk could focus on a lean and mean CAD-program like AutoCAD used to be.
    All new functions and graphical novelties have ruined AutoCAD so bad, I'm seriously looking for another program to work with on a daily basis.

So please AutoDesk, make my subscription be worth my while and focus like you should

Product and Feature: AutoCAD - Other

Submitted By: Stefan Botman on 10/23/2014

Default Re: Restored performance

I agree. Such blotted applications.

True...
    I might add AutoCAD 2016 is even worse....
    Utterly slow (when I type my commands 2 characters or more followed my the spacebar AutoCAD registers only the first character), utterly instable (I lost count how many error-reports I've send and therefore I stopped sending them) and now AutoDesk introduced an updated Subscription: No more updates, just pay as much as you can so we can support all our applications on your behalf:
    2015-09-10_082647.jpg

I mean really???? Get a life AD!

AUGI Addict

Lets see. I'm doing things today that I wouldn't even bother trying a few years ago. Fewer crashes. No speed problems here; in fact, I'm a bit faster.

I'd also recommend reviewing the posting guidelines before continuing. The last comment could be considered borderline.

Well, let me see for myself :
    You're happy with the current version of Autocad, I'm not,
    You're faster working with the current version, I'm not,
    You don't experience crashes, I do several times a day,

I try to get performance and stability on AD's agenda for years, no luck. No response, just a new wishlist for unnecessary new features.

Frustrated? You bet 'ya.
    Guidelines tell me to nod yes, maybe (probably not) you might understand my angry point of view...

I could stop if I wanted to

Utterly slow (when I type my commands 2 characters or more followed my the spacebar AutoCAD registers only the first character)
    Turn off the auto-complete and/or autocorrect function, that'll solve one of your problems.

I imagine you are pushing your machine harder than it should be if you are experiencing crashes on a regular basis though. AutoCAD does crash here... but it's normally due to the fact that I can't get our IT department to roll out the service packs.

Hi Colorado,

Thank you for helping me out on this matter, I do appreciate this!
    Unfortunately I've already set these parameters to 0 but still no luck...
    Got all SP's installed, no problems with IT for we don't have this department.
    I started working with Autocad in 1992, seen and worked with all versions since V11, using it 40+ hours a week, therefore seen Autocad degrading over the last 5 years.

I feel like I'm being confronted with a serious problem which can't be solved other than to ditch the program after 20+ years. I feel abandoned by Ad and not being heard.
    This forum should give me a voice...

well, you can always email carl.bass@autodesk.com, tell him you're cancelling your subscription and buying BricsCAD. After a couple thousand people do that... maybe you'll see the changes you want. Or not.

Hmmmm...
    Cancelling subscription won't help, they probably won't notice it. End even so....it still will be: Our way or the highway. (just my experience over the years)
    Somehow I'm trying to urge AD to fulfil the commitment "AutoDesk is commited making quality software" and "the greatest version ever!".
    Looking at the initial post of this thread you can see in what way I post my wishes. Truthfull but civilized but people living on the AD-cloud are easily offended in my book. Maybe I'm used to speak out my thoughts, that's not the Amercain way I'm sure.
    In my country we have a phrase which can't be translated easily but it says: "They're in it for the money, no more, no less", I guess that's how it is nowadays. Sad.

By the way, I started working with Bricscad a few months ago and it works just fine, thank you.

just get a couple of thousand if your closest friends to cancel their subscription and send similar emails to carl.

>> "They're in it for the money, no more, no less", I guess that's how it is nowadays. Sad.

Well, that's pretty much always been true for any publicly held company. And reading John Waker's history of Autodesk suggests that money has _always_ been the prime motivator. Remember -- that Autodesk's first product was a software version of a Rolodex running on CPM -- what we'd call a Contacts program today for those too young to remeber Rolodexes.
    Last edited by cadtag; 2015-09-11 at 01:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast