Thread: Finish Copy/Monitor to work with ALL column grid type, single and multi-segment

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Default Finish Copy/Monitor to work with ALL column grid type, single and multi-segment

Summary: With the addition of Multi-segment column grids the Copy/Monitor command does not support these new grid types. This prevents the users in a large site/project from using a set of "central" grid files, secure them from normal user changes, to link and Copy/Monitor into all the routed systems models. This is needed to assure consistency/accuracy across a large enterprise.

Description: With the addition of Multi-segment column grids the Copy/Monitor command does not support these new grid types. This prevents the users in a large site/project from using a set of "central" grid files, secure them from normal user changes, to link and Copy/Monitor into all the routed systems models. With Revit's current behavior the "grids" need to exist in each model for the automated routing dimensions to function as they should. Just normal linking of a "grid" model doesn't work (another issue as well). With a large number of designers, of varying skill levels involved in the project, this is sorely needed to assure consistency/accuracy across a large enterprise and its long-term support.

Product and Feature: Revit MEP - MEP Mechanical Routing Solutions - (Mechanical

Submitted By: Mike Johnson on 10/23/2014

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Re: Finish Copy/Monitor to work with ALL column grid type, single and multi-segment

Yes, I am still waiting for Autodesk to allow multi-segmented grids to be copy/monitored. Just copy/pasting them is not acceptable. That means I have to manually monitor whether these grids changed (moved/renamed/deleted). I have too many projects to worry about such things! Surely Autodesk has the ability to make this happen. Please make it happen!