Thread: pipe invert labeling

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wish List Administration

Default pipe invert labeling

Summary: add pipe invert labels at beginning and end of profile views

Description: There needs to be a way to dynamically label pipe inverts at the beginning and end of profile views regardless of where the beginning or end of the pipe is located.
    Most plan reviewers demand that the invert be labeled in that location.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD Civil 3D - Pipe Network

Submitted By: Mike Porter on 10/24/2014

Default Re: pipe invert labeling

Quote Originally Posted by Wish List System View Post
    Summary: add pipe invert labels at beginning and end of profile views

Description: There needs to be a way to dynamically label pipe inverts at the beginning and end of profile views regardless of where the beginning or end of the pipe is located.
    Most plan reviewers demand that the invert be labeled in that location.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD Civil 3D - Pipe Network

Submitted By: Mike Porter on 10/24/2014
    1+

While I agree that we should be able to label more elements dynamically, this is a regional, if not client-specific requirement.

You can setup Profile View Label Styles to accomplish this, for plans production purposes, but these are not dynamically bound to the utility as we should be able to do.

This, to my mind, is also negatively affected by the greater issue of being able to properly snap to dynamic elements within Profile Views.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post

While I agree that we should be able to label more elements dynamically, this is a regional, if not client-specific requirement.
    Are you saying that because it's a regional/client specific requirement that it's not as important as compared to .... something else?
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    Are you saying that because it's a regional/client specific requirement that it's not as important as compared to .... something else?
    Importance has nothing to do with the issue of being able to properly label a Pipe's elevation at manually specified locations.

Pipe Label Styles already provide in-built expressions for Start Invert Elevation, and End Invert Elevation, etc., so I posit that Autodesk *should* also implement each a Top Outer, Top Inner, Centerline, Bottom Inner (aka Invert), and Bottom Outer Elevation expression for use within Pipe Label contents.

This would allow users to specify a Pipe's elevations in Plan, Profile View, and Section View natively, with labels that are dynamically linked to same... Effectively solving the OP's, and myriad other Pipe labeling issues to-date, no?

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000