See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nudge tool

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Default Nudge tool

Summary: Create a nudge tool that can be used to move things in small increments with the arrow keys.

Description: Create a nudge tool that can be used to move things in small increments with the arrow keys. This will be helpful with things like annotative text, revision bubbles, viewports, sheet titles etc that don't require numeric precision for placement.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD Architecture - Tools

Submitted By: JP Bernier on 11/14/2014

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Re: Nudge tool

Nudge tool

Summary: Create a nudge function which can be used to move things in small increments with the arrow keys after selecting it.

Description: Create a nudge function which can be used to move things in small increments with the arrow keys after selecting it. This will be helpful with things like annotative text, revision bubbles, viewports, sheet titles etc that don't require numeric precision for placement.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Nudge tool

1+ ... Although, I'd like to see this added to vanilla AutoCAD, and thus all of the verticals that derive from it.

I can see a plug-in that allows user to define (per-Profile) a Model and Paper space 'nudge' value, where a pseudo-named NUDGE CommandMethod would then filter for Arrow UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT KeyDown events, and 'nudge' the Model, Layout, or Model through activated (and unlocked) Viewport accordingly. Any other key (or perhaps only Enter/Right Mouse Click & Escape?) would exit the Command.

Not sure that I have the time to do this right now, having just declined a paying consulting job, but a moderate complexity app once I, or someone smarter than I makes the time... Just posting this here for notes to refer back to later.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

This has been in AutoCAD and its verticals since the 2012 release. Not that I have ever used it for project work. Activate it by CTRL+[arrow key]. As noted in the Help:
    Nudge objects with Snap mode turned off: Objects move two pixels at a time; movement is relative and orthogonal to the screen, regardless of the view direction or the UCS orientation.
    Nudge objects with Snap mode turned on: Objects are moved in increments specified by the current snap spacing; movement is orthogonal to the X and Y axes of the current UCS and relative to the view direction.

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Nudge tool

Summary: Create a nudge function which can be used to move things in small increments with the arrow keys after selecting it.

Description: Create a nudge function which can be used to move things in small increments with the arrow keys after selecting it. This will be helpful with things like annotative text, revision bubbles, viewports, sheet titles etc that don't require numeric precision for placement.

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Nudge tool

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Nudge tool

Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Nudge tool

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dkoch View Post
    This has been in AutoCAD and its verticals since the 2012 release. Not that I have ever used it for project work. Activate it by CTRL+[arrow key]. As noted in the Help:
    Nudge objects with Snap mode turned off: Objects move two pixels at a time; movement is relative and orthogonal to the screen, regardless of the view direction or the UCS orientation.
    Nudge objects with Snap mode turned on: Objects are moved in increments specified by the current snap spacing; movement is orthogonal to the X and Y axes of the current UCS and relative to the view direction.
    I actually just stumbled upon this myself, and came back to post... Thanks for saving me the time.

Still not as complete (IMO), as what I posit, but it has all the ground work in place... I'll try to remember to request it in 2016 Alpha/Beta.

Now, if only I were getting emails when posts have been added to threads I am subscribed to....
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    Now, if only I were getting emails when posts have been added to threads I am subscribed to....
    I haven't ever quite figured out how to make that work ... but I wonder if the wish list threads might be different ... kinda like CWC posts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast