Thread: MA114-1: Real Life Applications: Practical Engineering Purposes for AutoCAD Electrical (It's Not Just for Drafting)

Autodesk, Inc. Autodesk University's Avatar

Default MA114-1: Real Life Applications: Practical Engineering Purposes for AutoCAD Electrical (It's Not Just for Drafting)

Instructor: Elvis Sverko

Class Description: This class takes you beyond creating and modifying your companies electrical control system drawings with AutoCAD Electrical. It will help you to better design and engineer your control systems. AutoCAD Electrical is equipped with tools for practical engineering purposes. You&rsquo;ll learn how to determine proper wire conductor sizing based on calculating energy efficiency and how to comply with electrical code requirements within the new Circuit Builder capabilities.<span style="color: #000000;"> You will learn that other calculations, based on electrical codes, are for proper component selection.</span> The utilization of conduits in your design is a breeze with AutoCAD Electrical, allowing you to calculate the number of wires running through them as well as generating reports for conduit routing. To help convey your entire electrical system in a single drawing, you&rsquo;ll learn how to create intelligent one-line diagrams that cross-reference back to your detailed schematic and panel layout drawings. Use AutoCAD Electrical for more than just creating electrical control system drawings quickly&mdash;use it to help you <i>design</i> them.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: MA114-1: Real Life Applications: Practical Engineering Purposes for AutoCAD Electrical (It's Not Just for Drafting)

I would like to see a video based on the features discussed in this article. Do you have any plans to make one? I think these features could be very useful, but I think would be categorized in an ACE "advanced" class. The problem is, I cannot find anything more than ACE "fundamentals" classes. Thank you!
    Last edited by ryoerger; 2017-11-28 at 08:49 PM.