See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (2) Parcel Labels

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: (2) Parcel Labels

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    Does this help?
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tim_newsome View Post
    I want a parcel label style for a large scale & a parcel label style for a smaller scale with more info.

Is it possible for a Parcel to have 2 different labels styles with out duplicating the Parcel?
    Yes, you can add as many Area Labels, using different styles, as you like.

12-17-2014 11-36-47 AM.png
    Last edited by BlackBox; 2014-12-17 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Added a line break before image, for the purposes of clarity.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_M View Post
    Yes, you can add as many Area Labels, using different styles, as you like.
    Awesome; I cannot believe this wasn't one of the questions on the Certification exam (which I would have missed, as I do not use Parcels currently).

Cheers

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Just revisiting this thread, as I've been working with parcels for the past few weeks.

I'm preparing SWFWMD Plans for a subdivision, and need to label both lot number (which works fine as XREF, or the method Opie describes), and finished floor elevation... I cannot seem to find a way to do the latter, without relying on XREF, which is simple enough, just wanted to see if there's an easier (or perhaps better) way?

Cheers

Computer Specs:

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Something I noticed today in one of our projects.

Drawing A has parcels with area labels. Drawing B Xrefs A and labels those parcels with its own parcel area labels. Drawing C Xrefs both A and B for the parcels in A with the labels in B ... labels fail "broken reference" I go back to Drawing B and change its Xref of A from an Overlay to an Attachment. Save B, go back to C and reload B. Bingo, labels are fixed and nothing else seemed to change, no side effects.

Now I was concerned that I would be getting duplicate information from Drawing A in drawing C. If I moved either of the Xrefs in C I would see duplicate information from Drawing A. However if I froze a layer from A it would freeze it from both locations. So, it was kind of yes and no. Yes there were two instances of the information but according to the layer manager its the same layer. I would detach the Xref directly to A and get it thru the attachment from B but its not an available selection.

UPDATE: The duplicate instance of A created by xreffing A directly in drawing C can be deleted without upsetting the A xref attachment that comes with B. All the layer override settings, visibility and what-not stay as they were. The layer manager doesn't seem to care where layers from A come from. The labels of xreffed parcels in B xref into C.
    Last edited by MMccall; 2017-04-06 at 04:40 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cadtag View Post
    Could a field get the lot no from the parcel object?
    Yes, you can.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    Yes, you can.
    How, as I must be missing something?

I am unable to obtain the Parcel Number via Field when Parcels are in XREF drawing, or from the host (sheet) drawing's Parcel Face Label (which I'd just use to label the lot no?),

The only option that comes close is to attempt same in the drawing that contains the Parcels, which only lets you obtain Parcel Name (not always the same as Lot Number).

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Computer Specs:

Login to Give a bone

Agreed @BlackBox.

I didn't see anything about XREF, I was only answering the portion of the question that I quoted. Sorry for not being more clear on this.
    You are correct about only certain properties being available.

R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    Agreed @BlackBox.

I didn't see anything about XREF, I was only answering the portion of the question that I quoted. Sorry for not being more clear on this.
    You are correct about only certain properties being available.
    No worries, my friend - I was actually hoping I had missed something. Haha

I was originally just going to ask you, but then had the thought that I should at least try it for myself first. I currently label Parcels via XREF in my sheet drawings, so that's where I started (using an existing project), and then thought to try from the XREF (Parcel source for me), that's all.

For those that rename the Parcels to be the Lot Number, this will actually work well, although I feel that it requires some LISP, etc. to make it as efficient (in terms of selecting + placing the labels) as Add Labels dialog is today. MText/Text do have some benefit(s) over Parcel Area Labels, depending on individual standards, etc.

It's always good to have another option to choose from!

Cheers

Computer Specs:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12