See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RMEP Certification

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default RMEP Certification

Did anyone else take the RMEP certification exam at AU last week?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: RMEP Certification

I thought I beta wait till next time...

Login to Give a bone

I like how RMEP and Struct were still in Beta? Does the certificate say 'Beta Certified'?

(I don't take the certification exams, so, I'm just here to snark, don't mind me. )
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

I don't know about the Structural one, but we won't get results on the MEP until after the New Year. I think the 'beta' part is that they need to figure out how to score the test. They don't seem to have any idea whether they made it too hard or too easy (the latter, in my opinion).

Also, several of the questions were basically "do these three things, then answer this question, which you didn't need to do those three things to figure out."

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

I heard rumblings that there was an 8-week waiting period to get your results. I thought about taking it while I was out there but then the internet connection to the exams went down and well....

Was the test all MEP based questions or were there basic Revit functionality questions thrown in? Like how to use phases, worksets, views, etc...?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BenSammis View Post
    I don't know about the Structural one, but we won't get results on the MEP until after the New Year. I think the 'beta' part is that they need to figure out how to score the test. They don't seem to have any idea whether they made it too hard or too easy (the latter, in my opinion).

Also, several of the questions were basically "do these three things, then answer this question, which you didn't need to do those three things to figure out."
    Ah, gotcha. That makes sense, I guess.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mattw View Post
    I heard rumblings that there was an 8-week waiting period to get your results. I thought about taking it while I was out there but then the internet connection to the exams went down and well....

Was the test all MEP based questions or were there basic Revit functionality questions thrown in? Like how to use phases, worksets, views, etc...?
    Man, glad I missed the connection dropping out.

It was all MEP based (what's the invert elevation of the pipe, what's the name of the circuit, etc.). Views and sheets came up tangentially. No mention of phases, worksets, or anything below the surface. Very much geared towards the more casual user rather than the BIM manager/SME types.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

I was thinking it was going to be more "design-based" which I would've failed because I'm not an engineer. I certainly know how to use a lot of the functionality but certainly not all of it. Maybe I'll take a shot at it next year at AU.

Login to Give a bone

I took the MEP exam at AU after the network loss. I was told that they were evaluating the results and that it would be about 8 weeks till we heard any feed back from it. Being an MEP test, there were a lot of files to open for certain questions in each discipline, and it did not help having file names similar to each other. File name x and then file name x1. I am looking forward to seeing how much information will be relayed to the test takers and how they curve it. I think the exam was towards the basic side. Will let you know in about seven weeks the outcome.

Login to Give a bone

Yeah, the multiple models thing was frustrating, for sure. I probably spent as much time opening/closing models as I did actually taking the exam.

Definitely on the basic side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast