Thread: Publisher wont allow me to save .pdf files

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Publisher wont allow me to save .pdf files

When I run Publisher, I should get a dialog box asking me where to save and what to name file and then open the .pdf files in my pdf viewer.

But, when I run publisher now it cycles thru .dwg files and then nothing. No dialog box asking me to save or nothing.

If i reboot my machine I can get one set of drawings to publish like normal, but then the next set I have the same problem as described above.

Any ideas? I use Blue Beam as my pdf viewer

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Publisher wont allow me to save .pdf files

Are you using bluebeam to create the files, or autocad's DWGtoPDF?

I don't have a solution - but would think that might be a source of the problem. I've never had autocad's pdf maker fail in this way.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jdcincy View Post
    When I run Publisher, I should get a dialog box asking me where to save and what to name file and then open the .pdf files in my pdf viewer.

But, when I run publisher now it cycles thru .dwg files and then nothing. No dialog box asking me to save or nothing.

If i reboot my machine I can get one set of drawings to publish like normal, but then the next set I have the same problem as described above.

Any ideas? I use Blue Beam as my pdf viewer
    Sounds like you have PUBLISHCOLLATE system variable == 1... Look in the directory specified in PUBLISH dialog, under Publish Options Information, Location.

To change this location, select Publish Options button, and modify Location accordingly.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Sounds like your pdf is set to automatically publish to a specific file location, probably My Documents. In the Publish dialog box choose Publish Options... and change the Naming drop down from "Specify Name" to "Prompt for name". Name will now be "N/A" and grayed out.

PUBLISHCOLLATE is how you select whether a document will be single sheets (0) or a multi-sheet (1) pdf.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    Sounds like you have PUBLISHCOLLATE system variable == 1... Look in the directory specified in PUBLISH dialog, under Publish Options Information, Location.

To change this location, select Publish Options button, and modify Location accordingly.

Cheers