Thread: Arabic Font - Text Inconsistencies when exporting from Revit to AutoCAD

Login to Give a bone

Default Arabic Font - Text Inconsistencies when exporting from Revit to AutoCAD

Hi All,

Were having some issues in our office when exporting Arabic Text/Font from Revit to AutoCAD.

The Arabic font appears fine in our Signage Schedules within Revit however when exporting the Schedules to AutoCAD (deliverable to client) the Arabic Font/Text changes completely and goes from a single line text to a double line text. Please refer to the two attached snapshots to show the issue. The Image called Arabic Text in Revit is the correct Text/Font, and then the second image called arabic Text in AutoCAD from Revit is incorrect.

PLEASE NOTE that we have pre-installed Arabic Font .shx TrueType Files which are exactly the same in both AutoCAD and Revit.

Would anyone have a work around for this problem.

Regards

Etienne Mouton
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Arabic Font - Text Inconsistencies when exporting from Revit to AutoCAD

Revit and AutoCAD treat fonts differently, which can result in changes to the text and its formatting when exporting from Revit to AutoCAD. I am not aware of a means to work around this, other than to tweak the text in AutoCAD. You may be able to adjust the text height in AutoCAD to get the text to more closely match the original layout in Revit.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Arabic Font - Text Inconsistencies when exporting from Revit to AutoCAD

Thanks David,

Its a little frustrating as there is no work around! Were just afraid itll go unnoticed and our entire signage package would be a mess

Regards

Login to Give a bone

May be heplful, may not -
    can you get the text correct in Word?
    I imported the text from Word into AutoCAD mtext a few years ago when working with chinese text labels.

Login to Give a bone

Have you tried to import the correct text from autocad into revit and using that? or just to see how it responds?

I have only had to deal with getting revit text to mad autocad...it will never be perfect for various reasons (shape files,ctb files vs revit line weights etc.) but i have been able to get it really damn close

if you try it in the opposite order maybe it will help revit export correctly?

definitely not the best practice as you will have to break many auotcad importing rules of thumb but it may be worth a try as it may reveal some of the issues and differences that you see in the properties/type properties of the text

*this thread may also be better off in a revit specific section as I'm not sure how many revit guys will see this

I have really only dealt with this stuff in title blocks which is even more frustrating because autocad title blocks are often using ctb files to make certain text appear bold...revit only allows one bold setting then you have to crank up the actual line weight which does not have the same effect...very tough to explain to people when you cannot achieve the EXACT same style

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem or we'll just never talk about this?