Thread: Problem pasting a corridor Surface on another surface

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Problem pasting a corridor Surface on another surface

I'm new working with Civil3d 2014 and I am trying to create a new surface combining an surface created from a site survey (OG) and a corridor surface (Road) I created. Now in the prospector tab I have both the OG Surface and the Road Surface. When I go to OG Surface and go to its Definitions / Edit, and try and 'Paste Surface'. The 'Select Surface to Paste' window pops up but it does not show the Road Surface created from the corridor.

I tried going the other way and selected the Road surface - Definitions / Edit, and tried to 'Paste Surface'. When the 'Select Surface to Paste' window pops up it shows the OG Surface and I select it, it adds it to the Road Surface but it doesn't change to reflect the corridor surface added to the OG Surface. I effectively now have an OG Surface and Road Surface that look identical to each other with no corridor surface information anymore.

I suspect I did something wrong creating the corridor to begin with but I don't know what.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

James
    Last edited by JBeernaerts; 2014-12-18 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Updated Version of Civil3d

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Problem pasting a corridor Surface on another surface

I would not paste either surface into each other, but create a new surface and first past your existing grade, THEN paste the corridor surface. You should see some better results.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Problem pasting a corridor Surface on another surface

I know you posted this sometime ago. But it sounds like possibley these two surfaces may be in separate dwgs and one needs to be data ref'd in inorder to build a new surface with the OG and the Road Surface in it. Or you could use the analyst portion of civil 3d and chose those two surfaces to build a earthwork surface. Its always something that comes up with Civil 3d. Just getting a handle on source dwgs for Surface locations is a good habit to getting familiar with.