Thread: Handling sheet set views and annotative text

Login to Give a bone

Default Handling sheet set views and annotative text

I am setting up a details folder to use with SSM. The details are being gleaned from a group of old projects, with the WBLOCK command. Many of the details need to have their text converted to annotative text. So I am working in model space. When I create annotative text in model space, it is automatically created as 1:1, which I don't want. So I have to select it, add the scale I do want, and then copy it around. Or create all the text, then select it and add the scale I want.
    My question is, how does ACAD decide the scale for placing the viewport, when the place view right click option is used in the SSM?
    I know you can right click and select a scale, but I have no way of knowing the proper scale for each detail, except by opening it and querying the properties of the Mtext. If I put the scale name in the title of the Detail .dwg, then I have to edit the view title in the SSM. Both of those actions seem to defeat some of the SSM purposes.

Can someone give me an explanation of how SSM chooses the default scale for inserting vps?

thanks, all.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Handling sheet set views and annotative text

I'm a big fan of SSM for a few things that is does extremely well, but why not just insert the details drawn accordingly to fit your title block in paperspace?

This precludes the need to insert in modelspace and account for each-and-every-single possible scale ever needed, and you could instead simply insert blocks via tool palette, etc.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000