Thread: Pipe network merging objects

Wish List Administration

Default Pipe network merging objects

Summary: I would like to see a new kind of manhole object that would function within multiple pipe networks.

Description: Imagine you have a major network with several minor networks. You either build them all together or all separately, but if they are separate they cannot communicate for invert adjustments, etc. What if a manhole could be built in one pipe network but accepts links from multiple other network. That way, you can zone minor networks from a main network or even segregate branches within a zone.

If this were to carry on into Storm and Sanitary Analysis, I would like to see the system upgraded so that it can read the IDF results of a branch network and the overall outlet capacity, then link the data right into the merging manhole and the downstream network. That way, the two systems could be read separately but still read from each other for the purpose of an overall analysis. I know the software already does this to an extent. You click a manhole and it tells you all the flow it receives and delivers. This will simply organize the data one step further. I know it also creates the hydraulic graphs that show every manhole and pipe in sequence and in animation. If we were capable of segregating systems we would be able to produce multiple graphs without having to manually click the flow path every time.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD Civil 3D - Pipe Network

Submitted By: Sebastien Leonard on 01/26/2015

Default Re: Pipe network merging objects

Quote Originally Posted by Wish List System View Post
    Summary: I would like to see a new kind of manhole object that would function within multiple pipe networks.

Description: Imagine you have a major network with several minor networks. You either build them all together or all separately, but if they are separate they cannot communicate for invert adjustments, etc. What if a manhole could be built in one pipe network but accepts links from multiple other network. That way, you can zone minor networks from a main network or even segregate branches within a zone.

If this were to carry on into Storm and Sanitary Analysis, I would like to see the system upgraded so that it can read the IDF results of a branch network and the overall outlet capacity, then link the data right into the merging manhole and the downstream network. That way, the two systems could be read separately but still read from each other for the purpose of an overall analysis. I know the software already does this to an extent. You click a manhole and it tells you all the flow it receives and delivers. This will simply organize the data one step further. I know it also creates the hydraulic graphs that show every manhole and pipe in sequence and in animation. If we were capable of segregating systems we would be able to produce multiple graphs without having to manually click the flow path every time.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD Civil 3D - Pipe Network

Submitted By: Sebastien Leonard on 01/26/2015
    1+

Both [Gravity] Pipe Networks, and Pressure Pipe Networks need a lot of help.

I've expressed a similar issue for some time, using the context of a Sanitary Sewer ([Gravity] Pipe Network) flowing into a Lift\Pump Station's Wet Well (aka large diameter manhole), where pumps collect & feed to Force Main (Pressure Pipe Network). Sometimes the latter go through the Wet Well's 'lid' and other times through a bore hole in the Wet Well's wall. We should be able to 'group' parts into a 'network' hierarchy, where any part under the 'parent' has the option to affect another.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000