Thread: Mirroring in Navisworks

Login to Give a bone

Default Mirroring in Navisworks

Hello everyone, is there anyway to mirror nwc files inside navisworks?

I've been trying to figure out the best way to manage my MEP files inside navisworks, but my current workflow is giving me several issues regarding nwc export of linked files in Revit, many properties get lost or mixed up, and this is messing up the color coding of systems.

What I was doing was a Revit "'master file" with all the linked files (it's a hotel project with 4 types of rooms, so there is a ARCH and MEP file for each one, tried groups but they worked worse) and then exporting only one nwc, with the "export links" option checked. But this messes up the color coding because:

*Tried applying color by materials, some pipes were exported OK, but some got the wrong color and sometimes fixtures got randomly switched
    *Tried assigning comments in revit, so then I could use the appearence profiler to select elements by comment and apply color, again some comments were not exported or got mixed up
    *Tried using sytem type, classification, etc...again names got mixed up, and even some walls appeared with system properties.

The only way that has worked is creating a nwc file directly from the single rvt file, for example an nwc from the "Room A-MEP", an importing this into navisworks. This is where I'm now, importing every single file in navisworks and making the composite model there, but the problem is the I have to mirror the rooms, and I don't want to duplicate al the rvt files just to get the mirrored model, is there anyway to mirror insisde navisworks? I've read on other posts that mirroring MEP elements could be the source of the problem, if anyone has a better workflow please share, I've been figuring this out for the last 3 days.

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Mirroring in Navisworks

Found my own answer, if you scale the .nwc -1 yo get a mirrored model.