Thread: AutoCAD Slide Library

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default AutoCAD Slide Library

I have an existing Slide Library and I want to add some additional details to. How Can I add to the existing Library? Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD Slide Library

As far as I can recall -- mind you I haven't messed with slidelib since R14,,,,, the short answer is No. Basically you'll have to recreate the library using the slidelib utility routine.

You did save all the slides from the last time you did that, right?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cadtag View Post
    As far as I can recall -- mind you I haven't messed with slidelib since R14,,,,, the short answer is No. Basically you'll have to recreate the library using the slidelib utility routine.

You did save all the slides from the last time you did that, right?
    That's how I remember it, too.

Login to Give a bone

There is a utility out there that will let you add slides to an existing slide library:

http://www.dotsoft.com/ltcomp/slideman.htm
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    There is a utility out there that will let you add slides to an existing slide library:

http://www.dotsoft.com/ltcomp/slideman.htm
    From the website:
    Works with:
    •AutoCAD R12 or higher
    •AutoCAD LT2 or higher

Additional Tools Included
    •Utilityto convert a group of SLD files to BMPs. You can even specify the width and height of the resulting BMP, as well as the background and default foreground colors. Convert SLD's to 32x32 pixel bitmaps for creating toolbar buttons.
    •ReadSLD.DVB, a VBAapplet that runs inside full AutoCAD R14 (or higher). It allowsyou to select a SLD file and it then reads it and creates AutoCAD linework in the drawing. So if all you have is a SLD, you've got a good start on a drawing symbol.
    •Menu Maker, simply select a SLB file and this tool will create a ready to use partial menu MNU file.
    •BatchSlide making routine (requires full AutoCAD). Select multiple DWG's or an entire directory and the slides are created in seconds unattended.

User Comments
    "I've been working with AutoCAD since release 11 and have always had an ordeal creating slide libraries. Now the project is running full speedand any new adds are only a matter of seconds. I can create a slide and have it saved in a working library in less than a minute. ABSOLUTELY AWESOME PROGRAM!!! SlideMan is what AutoCAD should ofbeen able to do as soon as it hit Windows." Todd Winn, Thermal Windows, Inc.

System Requirements
    •Windows95/98/Me or Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista.
    •3mb hard drive space.

Sounds like a 20 year old program with a VBAapplet (will this on 64 bit Windows?). The free ResourceHacker program I used to use years ago doesn't work on 64 bit Windows. Nothing in the description to indicate this one will either. That $50 might be a gamble, does anyone know if this will work on 64 bit Windows?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Beauford View Post

..... does anyone know if this will work on 64 bit Windows?
    Apparently not. I contacted the author and was told that web page has now been removed.

Back in the day, it was a great tool
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Beauford View Post
    From the website:
    Works with:
    •AutoCAD R12 or higher
    •AutoCAD LT2 or higher

Additional Tools Included
    •Utilityto convert a group of SLD files to BMPs. You can even specify the width and height of the resulting BMP, as well as the background and default foreground colors. Convert SLD's to 32x32 pixel bitmaps for creating toolbar buttons.
    •ReadSLD.DVB, a VBAapplet that runs inside full AutoCAD R14 (or higher). It allowsyou to select a SLD file and it then reads it and creates AutoCAD linework in the drawing. So if all you have is a SLD, you've got a good start on a drawing symbol.
    •Menu Maker, simply select a SLB file and this tool will create a ready to use partial menu MNU file.
    •BatchSlide making routine (requires full AutoCAD). Select multiple DWG's or an entire directory and the slides are created in seconds unattended.

User Comments
    "I've been working with AutoCAD since release 11 and have always had an ordeal creating slide libraries. Now the project is running full speedand any new adds are only a matter of seconds. I can create a slide and have it saved in a working library in less than a minute. ABSOLUTELY AWESOME PROGRAM!!! SlideMan is what AutoCAD should ofbeen able to do as soon as it hit Windows." Todd Winn, Thermal Windows, Inc.

System Requirements
    •Windows95/98/Me or Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista.
    •3mb hard drive space.

Sounds like a 20 year old program with a VBAapplet (will this on 64 bit Windows?). The free ResourceHacker program I used to use years ago doesn't work on 64 bit Windows. Nothing in the description to indicate this one will either. That $50 might be a gamble, does anyone know if this will work on 64 bit Windows?
    Slide Man is now owned by Gray Technical, and I do believe it does work on 64 bit systems.
    There is a free demo download of it now to test it.