Thread: Part Builder - Safety End Treatment

Login to Give a bone

Default Part Builder - Safety End Treatment

Here is a Part Builder structure based on a Louisiana DOTD Safety End Treatment. I'm not sure it is perfect, but it does what I want it to do.

How you can add it to your catalog

I would recommend creating a new chapter in your Part Builder for this new part. Creating a new chapter will create a sub folder within the Pipes Catalog folder. The folder location can be assigned through the SetNetworkCatalog command.

Once all of that is complete, I believe you can extract all of the files in the attached zip file into this new chapter's sub-folder. You would then need to Regenerate the Catalog to have this new part recognized.

If you have any questions, I'll try to answer them. Be aware, it has been more than two months since I created this and I may have forgotten some steps.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Part Builder - Safety End Treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post

I would recommend creating a new chapter in your Part Builder for this new part. Creating a new chapter will create a sub folder within the Pipes Catalog folder. The folder location can be assigned through the SetNetworkCatalog command.
    Is that to say that we should manually create a new folder here (for a 2015 install)

-----> C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2015\enu\Pipes Catalog\US Imperial Structures

so that the extracted files would live in "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2015\enu\Pipes Catalog\US Imperial Structures\Other" (Where Other is the new "chapter")??

Thanks.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Part Builder - Safety End Treatment

In a roundabout way, yes.

When creating the chapter (named "Other" as you desire), the sub-folder "Other" would be created by the Part Builder interface. You would then extract the contents of the above attachment directly into that folder. It should not be located in a sub-folder of "Other".

Once the data is in that folder, you would need to use the Part Builder interface to regenerate the catalog.

I have changed the location of my parts catalog to point to the network.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Part Builder - Safety End Treatment

FWIW -

You might find the FDOT Civil 3D State Kit to be of use; they include their entire Design Standard via Parts Catalog, etc. among other criteria.

I know you're in another state, so not directly applicable per-se.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000