Thread: DWG files have disappeared

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default DWG files have disappeared

I'm new to these later versions of Navisworks Manage and Autocad MEP 2013. I had previously worked with 2010 on both, then was transferred to Estimation for a few years. Now I've taken a new job and I'm back to Coordination using 2013. Here's an issue I did a search on but found no results here in the forums. I have been working with Cadpipe Gen 2, Version 3.1, Autocad 2013 and Navisworks 2013 at the office. I requested the company allow me to load the software here on my home PC so I could do work from home also. I have dual screens set up, using Autocad to draw and make changes on one screen, Navis on the other screen for fast 3D viewing of the changes I make. Thursday, I was in the middle of drawing and refreshed Navis after adding more pipe to the dwg file. Everything went black. I've looked at everything trying to figure out how to fix this but I'm stumped. From a plan view, there is nothing showing. But when I select a Front, Back, or Side View, everything is distorted. The View Cube is not showing either, even though it's turned on. I have my Position Readout turned on and the numbers are crazy long. X: -2147483648ft -2147483648in Y: same as X, Z: same as X. When I open the Camera Position drop down, X, Y, Z all show NaN. If I try to Move, Orbit, Look Around, nothing happens, nor does my Position Readout change. I have attached a couple of screen shots, one of a Plan View where nothing can be seen except the crazy long XYZ coordinates and the Camera Position drop down. The second is of a Reference View from the Front. If I right click>Viewpoint>Look From>Front, nothing changes. I can only get the scrambled view when I use the Panel Reference View menu. What have I done and how can I fix this please? Coordination Meetings start within the next week or so and I don't want to have this problem show up during one of the meetings without quickly being able to fix the problem. Would this be a dwg file problem or is this a Navisworks Manage problem? Any help is appreciated. TIA.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: DWG files have disappeared

I've had something similar. There was a point at an almost infinit distance (I had it in an Xref). Once you've zoomed to the extents it's very hard to find anything. You can try by freezing some layers then zoom extents. This way you can locate the layer on which this (in my case point) is. I've solved it by zooming out with almost all layers thawed, then zoomed out further to make shure i've got my whole drawing. thaw all remaining layers and turn all layers to on (make everything visible). with the command "erase" invoked select "all", then "R"emove everything visible from your selection. What remains is than one object that causing it all. "enter" finally erases that object.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: DWG files have disappeared

Right click on the screen go to Viewpoint > Edit current Viewpoint and change the "Horizontal Field Of View" setting to 60 degrees and your linear speed to something that you like (I use between 35 and 45 feet/second.
    That will fix the fish eye effect.
    The other is an object out in space as mentioned above.
    Hide all of the files in Navis and unhide them one at a time while zooming to extents using the control key + home button (^+Home) to find which one(s) is causing the issue and then fix that file in Cad.
    You should also save a view early before you get these issues so that you always have a safe view to come back to.

Perk