See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: different circuit naming convention between schedules and plan view callouts

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Question different circuit naming convention between schedules and plan view callouts

Greetings,

I am wanting to know if it is possible to have two different naming conventions for circuits. On my panels I have told it to use the circuit naming using the panel name and on any homerun callouts I have in plan views it shows like I want with the LC7-5 for example, but on the schedule I just want the circuit number 5, not the panel name with it. I have looked at my panel family and those parameters are not editable from what I can see. Is there a way to do this? any help would be appriciated.

thanks for reading.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: different circuit naming convention between schedules and plan view callouts

Shouldn't you be naming the circuit according to the load it serves? It seems redundant to name the circuit "PNL-CKT" when that info is inherently already part of the circuit.

You can rename the circuits in the panel schedule, and still tag the homeruns with PNL-CKT. You can also set the naming convention of the circuit to correspond with the load classification/room name.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: different circuit naming convention between schedules and plan view callouts

Thank you for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by BenSammis View Post
    You can rename the circuits in the panel schedule, and still tag the homeruns with PNL-CKT.
    how do you accomplish this? When I change the naming convention for the circuit in the panel properties it also changes the naming convention for the schedule. As I said in my original post, I would like just the circuit number in the schedule and the panel name and circuit number when tagging in a plan view.

Login to Give a bone

are you showing a home run wire from the load in plan and tagging the wire? that's what i do and am getting the results you want, i think. the home run tag in plan will read "PP1-1,3,5", but the circuit description that shows in the panel schedule will read "Receptacles Rooms 101,102,103". the home run tag contains 2 labels separated by a dash (right justified 'panel name' - left justified 'circuit number').
    hth,
    mike

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tntdraftsol View Post

how do you accomplish this? When I change the naming convention for the circuit in the panel properties it also changes the naming convention for the schedule. As I said in my original post, I would like just the circuit number in the schedule and the panel name and circuit number when tagging in a plan view.
    You are talking about the panel schedule, right? Maybe post a couple of representative images so we can get a clearer picture of what you're seeing vs. what you actually want. I'm not sure I understand.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tntdraftsol View Post

Hi tntdraftsol,

It sounds like the tags you're using are just reporting the "Circuit Number" parameter. As Mike said above, modify the tags to include the "Panel"(suffixed with a hyphen) & "Circuit Number" parameters. See attached image. Then you can change your panel properties back to show only the circuit number in the panel schedules.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy B View Post
    Hi tntdraftsol,

It sounds like the tags you're using are just reporting the "Circuit Number" parameter. As Mike said above, modify the tags to include the "Panel"(suffixed with a hyphen) & "Circuit Number" parameters. See attached image. Then you can change your panel properties back to show only the circuit number in the panel schedules.

Thanks

Thank you Eddy & Mike. That solved my problem.