Thread: Normal Linetypes for Hidden/Occluded lines in 3D Hidden Viewstyle

Wish List Administration

Default Normal Linetypes for Hidden/Occluded lines in 3D Hidden Viewstyle

Summary: The hidden linetypes for occluded lines in most Viewstyles are not acceptable for production drawings.

Description: When I make a 3D model of a pressure vessel (which is 95% or more of what we do at my job) and then make views for the production drawings, the linetypes available for the hidden/occluded edges are not only difficult to work with but do not scale with different size prints. It seems that they also change scale in the curves, becoming shorter to the point of non-existing. the 3D Hidden viewstyle used to have a bug that would slowly corrupt a viewport but I can not find out if it has ever been fixed. So I set it in the shadeplot setting of the viewport and never make use of it otherwise.

What we need are consistent, standard hidden linetypes (hidden, hidden2) such as what is available with the new baseviews and flatshot output.

I need to be able to set the shadeplot style setting of each viewport to make normal hidden linetypes as if it were a 2D drawing.

We can not use baseviews since dimensions seem to disassociate every time they regenerate. They also do not seem to be very stable yet. Viewing angles can not be changed once they are made. Trying to select any other object in paperspace (dimensions, etc.) is almost impossible since the baseview is always selected.

Unless we can do this, the anti-3D users will continue to win.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD - 3D

Submitted By: John Petty on 05/13/2015

Wish List Administration

Exclamation Re: Normal Linetypes for Hidden/Occluded lines in 3D Hidden Viewstyle

Normal Linetypes for Hidden/Occluded lines in 3D Hidden Viewstyle

Summary: The hidden linetypes for occluded lines in most Viewstyles are not acceptable for production drawings.

Description: When I make a 3D model of a pressure vessel (which is 95% or more of what we do at my job) and then make views for the production drawings, the linetypes available for the hidden/occluded edges are not only difficult to work with but do not scale with different size prints. It seems that they also change scale in the curves, becoming shorter to the point of non-existing. the 3D Hidden viewstyle used to have a bug that would slowly corrupt a viewport but I can not find out if it has ever been fixed. So I set it in the shadeplot setting of the viewport and never make use of it otherwise.

What we need are consistent, standard hidden linetypes (hidden, hidden2) such as what is available with the new baseviews and flatshot output.

I need to be able to set the shadeplot style setting of each viewport to make normal hidden linetypes as if it were a 2D drawing.

We can not use baseviews since dimensions seem to disassociate every time they regenerate. They also do not seem to be very stable yet. Viewing angles can not be changed once they are made. Trying to select any other object in paperspace (dimensions, etc.) is almost impossible since the baseview is always selected.

Unless we can do this, the anti-3D users will continue to win.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD - 3D

Submitted By: John Petty on 05/13/2015