Thread: Std ribbon, Home tab, Block, Insert - Thumbnails no longer appear

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Std ribbon, Home tab, Block, Insert - Thumbnails no longer appear

I just noticed this morning that when I attempt to insert a block using the standard ribbon, i.e. from the Home tab, click on Block, then click on Insert, the drop-down shows the block names, but no thumbnails appear.

I am running 2015 SP2 under Win 7 Pro x64. The only system change I might suspect as a contributing factor is a 24 item Windows Update that was done last night.

Anyone here experience the same issue?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Std ribbon, Home tab, Block, Insert - Thumbnails no longer appear

Quote Originally Posted by ralph.tulis View Post
    I just noticed this morning that when I attempt to insert a block using the standard ribbon, i.e. from the Home tab, click on Block, then click on Insert, the drop-down shows the block names, but no thumbnails appear.

I am running 2015 SP2 under Win 7 Pro x64. The only system change I might suspect as a contributing factor is a 24 item Windows Update that was done last night.

Anyone here experience the same issue?
    Regretfully, no - if you happen to find out what caused this behavior though, please share, so that I can remove thumbnails! Haha

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    ....if you happen to find out what caused this behavior though, please share, so that I can remove thumbnails!
    Are you talking about the Ribbon Galleries? When you move to 2016, set GALLERYVIEW to 0.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    Are you talking about the Ribbon Galleries? When you move to 2016, set GALLERYVIEW to 0.
    I am; but for 2015 specifically, which we still use, and there is no GALLERYVIEW until 2016. Grrr

As an aside, it would also be nice if we could control which galleries were to, or not to display, individually.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Over the course of the morning I have discovered that all block thumbnails have been removed from this one drawing file. Other files still display block thumbnails. This makes me believe that something happening to this file causing the thumbnails to be deleted. I tried to "Recover" this file - no errors or defects found. Same situation afterward. If I open DesignCenter and explore this file, it parses the file building block information yet no thumbnails are visible afterward. All existing blocks insert and behave just fine - it's just that ALL visual previews of the blocks are gone. Very strange, although not critical.

rkmcswain - I have no idea what "Ribbon Galleries" are.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ralph.tulis View Post
    rkmcswain - I have no idea what "Ribbon Galleries" are.
    There is an illustration of this in the link I provided.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |