A question for my fellow CMMS folks here. How do you manage your information workflow with Work Requests? Not necessarily from a software workflow/SLA perspective, but, the process your people follow.

In my last company, a dedicated call center entered all calls into our CMMS and it routed to the appropriate shop, based on the problem type/trade. The supervisor of each skilled craft then distributed the work to the mechanics.

In my current company’s corporate buildings, a non-dedicated group monitors an email box and enters work requests into archibus. We’ve got one mechanic per building, no specialized trades, so that one person handles everything that comes through their building; issuing, updating, closing out.

In the above cases, all work is being done in-house.

Now, I’ve just rolled out work orders to our scattered leased office spaces around the country. Since they are small spaces, they have no on-site maintenance, so, someone here will call out a 3rd party to perform the work, following up with the occupant and the contracted party to ensure the work is completed, issuing and closing out the work order as appropriate.
I’m just wondering how other folks in similar situations might be handling the workflow.
Have one person ultimately responsible for entering, reviewing followup and closing out the requests?
Have a single person enter, then different project managers or similar farming out the work and entering their own-follow up?
Have each manager of the work be the only one touching their work requests from start to finish?

The software can obviously be modified at my whim, but, I’d like to assist in making the actual process as pain-free and logical as possible, so, I’d be interested to hear from anyone, similar or different, for feedback and ideas.