Thread: starting from a 3DPolyline already created... how do i change the elevation?

Login to Give a bone

Default starting from a 3DPolyline already created... how do i change the elevation?

Hi Everyone.

I have an 3Dpolyline already created since a points group (i.e. p1Z=1.00,p2Z=1.50, p3Z=1.80... etc).
    Now, the point group has changed its elevation (i.e. p1Z=1.20,p2Z=1.10, p3Z=1.90... etc) only its elevation (has not changed its coordinates), is there any way to use the 3Dpolyline (already created with the initial point group elevation) to create a new 3Dpoly (or in the same), with the new point group elevation?.

Thanks, i will helpme so much, there are so many elevation points to the polyline, and i dont want start all again, and do it point to point.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: starting from a 3DPolyline already created... how do i change the elevation?

Are the points in some sort of order?
    If so, forget your original 3dpoly and use the LINE command with the 'PN command modifier and draw LINEs by point number (for example 130-190).
    Then isolate this layer and use the Join command to join those 3D lines into a single 3D polyline.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: starting from a 3DPolyline already created... how do i change the elevation?

did all the points change the same amount if so simply move the 3dpoly line vertically the same amount. I have also used the properties window you scroll through the vertexes and change the elevation in the properties dialog