Thread: Geolocation Online Map Data

Login to Give a bone

Question Geolocation Online Map Data

Hello,
    Having issues with AutoCAD 2015 map data. I get the following message, "You do not have permission to access online map data".
    When I go to Account Settings to check entitlements I get another box with the message for to me to edit profile or change password.
    When I click the close button I get the Geographic Location box with the message, "Maps cannot be displayed". I click the use maps button and get the same edit profile or change password note.
    The following is in the autocad command line: Command: _geographiclocation Set location from [Map/File]<Map>: _m
    If I enter M I get the same box about edit profile/change password.

I also tried the 2015 Geolocation Online Map Hotfix using version number AcGeoLocationUI.arx 20.0.51.O
    Any ideas I should try?

F.Y.I.
    I replaced a person who had used the trial period. When I came to work here I was very interested in using the geo-map features.
    Only problem there was that I have the same email as she had. I had no idea what the password. I was able to change to autodesk name and password and got it to work. It seems signing in is ok. Do you have and ideas from what I wrote?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Geolocation Online Map Data

The easiest and best (IMHO) way to use the BING Maps in Map3d is to assign a coornindate system to the dwg, have an object in the dwg that is in the area of the map/image you need. Then use the command GEOMAP. It shoulds ask if you want to use the online mapping and allow you to sign into A360. The Geographiclocation command is for vanilla cad more than Map3D or Civil3D and guessimates the locations and coordinate.