Thread: Sheet set manager text a mix of upper case & lower case

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Sheet set manager text a mix of upper case & lower case

In our set of 100+ drawings the layout names are a mix of upper case & lower case, & it affects the sheet set manager & then the sheet list table when inserted. Is there a way to fix it, ie changing all to upper case in the sheet list table, or would we have to do it manually in the SSM? Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Sheet set manager text a mix of upper case & lower case

This would be a function of your table style you assign to the Sheet List Table.

You are looking for the Format option of the General tab for each Cell style you wish to change. Once you click the Format button, a Table Cell Format dialog will display. This dialog will allow you to specify the format for the Text your sheet list will place in the table.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

The sheet title in the table will show up exactly as you have it shown in the SSM, caps or otherwise. The text style, height, and color of the title, headers, and data are controlled by going into the table style manager, and editing the cell styles. The caps issue for the header and title can be tackled by placing the table into your drawing, and then clicking on the header and title fields in the table and replacing the text in them using caps.

Login to Give a bone

Forgive the silly question, as I do not use Sheet List Tables - isn't the resultant Table simply populated with Fields that point to a given Subset, Sheet, or Sheet Set property?

In which case, Fields can be set to Uppercase, etc. regardless of the case of the original Object's string value (see the Format pane within Field dialog).
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

The fields populate the table, yes....but that is only the "data". The headers and title are fixed text, not dependent on the sheet set info. Those are what come in capitalized with small case after, out of the box.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cadman1957 View Post
    The caps issue for the header and title can be tackled by placing the table into your drawing, and then clicking on the header and title fields in the table and replacing the text in them using caps.
    Although the Sheet Set Manager ignores the predefined cell styles for header / title cells, changing the cell style to the appropriate style would then change the cell to follow the predefined styles. If the format for the styles has not been modified, you would then need to make the appropriate changes.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I realize this is an old thread, but I was looking on how to change to all caps as well. If you set a text style that is all caps you will get the desired outcome, however, there is a limited selection to choose from though.