Thread: ME422-1: Using AutoCAD® MEP for Model-Based Design Client Requirements

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Autodesk, Inc. Autodesk University's Avatar

Default ME422-1: Using AutoCAD® MEP for Model-Based Design Client Requirements

Session: ME422-1

Title: Using AutoCAD® MEP for Model-Based Design Client Requirements

Instructors: Jeff Campbell with Jeff Bowers

Course Description: Clients are requiring today's architecture and engineering firms to provide them with a BIM deliverable. A BIM deliverable could be something as simple as a 3D model for visualization or providing room locations of equipment. This class will review a variety of model-based design requirements in the context of a completed project. Examples of how these requirements were met in AutoCAD MEP will be reviewed. We will discuss how to use AutoCAD MEP and its tools to use ODBC connections to a Revit®-generated database in order to use information such as room names and ceiling heights to help the MEP designer coordinate space information. We will also discuss the Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) export and import capabilities that automate the process of providing equipment location through the use of IFC-generated space information and location property set objects.
    Attached Files Attached Files