Thread: NWD Models Not Opening on Ipad

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default NWD Models Not Opening on Ipad

We are having an issue with our field guys and them loading NWDs on Ipad. They open an NWD on 360 Glue. It starts to load, the screen goes black and the load cancels. We are thinking its because the NWD is too large. They are 88MB files. Any ideas what is going on? And possible solutions to the problem.

Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: NWD Models Not Opening on Ipad

We were having a similar issue with Navisworks 2015 and BIM360 glue NWD files. Some models would open and some would not on the iPad. We never 100% figured it out. We haven't had any issues lately, but our initial suspect could be the "saved" edits in the viewpoints? Like certain views having saved information like colors, transparency, etc. So, we started stripping our NWD's of that. So ALL of our views have no "saved" edits in them. Everything is unchecked. We set up the default view and file with colors and transparency and we do not veer from that. All of our views will keep those colors and transparency's and will not be edited or changed on our end. We're not sure if that's what caused our issues, but we suspect it may play a small part in that.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I actually deleted all views and all clash reports from the model. Still not opening. We are kind of coming to the conclusion that this whole BIM 360 is kind of a sham. We bought a large number of iPads just for this. And it doesn't even work on models we need to use. We are thinking we may just have to buy computer/tablets for the guys in the field and they can just use Freedom on them. Then burn the iPads. haha.

Login to Give a bone

Don't burn the ipads! You can play Angry Birds and watch Netflix!!!!!! Don't do it!!!!!!

Okay, seriously...

Well, then I'm stumped. We really thought that may have been an issue with the "edited" views. Try resetting all colors, transparency, everything back to a default and from there? I was having this very same issue and somehow everything works now. I can't explain it. I even have a HUGE NWD model that is 136,249 megs and it still opens. The refresh rate is slowed because of all information but it does not crash at all.

If you want, I can upload it for you on dropbox so you can use it as a reference. It's a "live" project so please do not share it with anyone. Let me know because I am curious if this file will open on your iPad.

Email me at ahockley@bartlettcocke.com if you want to take a look.

Login to Give a bone

I don't know if I understand your problem, but I don't think you have a program to open such an application. In fact, you can open it from BIM 360 Glue and desktop applications. Perhaps you do have such a program. In this case, you can try to update them. Finally, this problem occurs on other , which can also indicate something