Thread: Can't see architural interior walls

Login to Give a bone

Default Can't see architural interior walls

Hello,

We are just starting out this project on Revit 2015. I opened the architectural model that was sent and noticed that all of the interior walls, doors were not showing. I spoke to the architect and they were seeing the walls. Which is strange because we haven't even created an MEP file yet. Its not like we linked the files and then had the problems..

The project has several phases (Existing, Demo, Alteration 1, & Alteration 2). In a particular view, if I change the Phase from "Alteration 2" to "Alteration 1", the walls appear as they should. However, we can't just change this setting willy-nilly. I confirmed that the walls and doors were created in "Alteration 2" and demolished in "none".

For reference, Alteration 2 contains nearly all of the work. After Alteration 2 is complete, the next phase is to change a room from "Lounge" to "Residence" and add a wall and door. which is Alteration 1. (NYC)

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Can't see architural interior walls

have you done this first?
    Create the exact same phases as the arch. Look at their model and create them in the same order.
    Once you have their file linked you need to select it. Go to edit type and select phase mapping. Link each phase with your model to theirs.Phases.png
    Now each view in your model has to have the correct phase filter and phase assigned.
    I would suggest familiarizing yourself with how phasing works in revit...look here

Login to Give a bone

Thank you for the quick reply,

We haven't created the MEP file yet. We received the architectural file from the architect and if we opened the unedited file, the walls were missing. Just purely for reference, not for working if that makes sense.

However, I just went through and created an MEP file for the hell of it, and linked the phases like we normally would and it seems to work. However, the architectural file is still unworkable. We usually use the arch model to print PDFs, etc and we are still unable to do so.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Hmm. Ok.
    A received file should never be "tweaked" to view it properly. One would think it was correctly set up by the Arch.
    I wonder if this is a update issue (you have the most current updates or they do/don't). Possibly a 3rd party add on issue or a graphics issue.
    I'm just throwing stuff out there.
    Honestly, I cannot think of as to why you cannot see their model correctly, but they can.
    I'll keep thinking...

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

In a view in which you can see the walls, select them, then confirm the phase created, phase demolished, workset of each. Check that your view settings match those. If none of that helps, check view range. If none of that helps, fire the architect.