Thread: Importing A Family with Multiple Types - First Type is Not the First Option

Login to Give a bone

Question Importing A Family with Multiple Types - First Type is Not the First Option

Hi there,

I have made a family with 4 different type of access clearance for my AHUs, (General, Door, Filter and Heating Coil) they all have different colours and the door is s crescent shape. The different clearance type are set up as family types.

This family works great and I can stretch it to suit etc but the only problem I have is that the first shape (general access) is the one I want to appear straight away as it's the most common one but instead the 'Door' is the first option that appears once inserted into the family.

I have renamed the general access family type to 'Access Clearance' in case it was choosing them alphabetically but that hasn't worked.
    The general access one is the first in the list but doesn't get chosen first.

Does any one know how to make sure a particular family type is the first option when inserting a family with multiple types?

Images attached.

Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Importing A Family with Multiple Types - First Type is Not the First Option

Solution found on another forum.
    A failed suggestion was:
    - The 'current' family type in the family is the one it chooses first ...nope

The fix was that Revit selects the family type that was created first. I had to delete the other family types (Coil/Filter/Door) and recreate them so the general access type was then the first created.