Thread: dialog boxes won't open from standard toolbar or pulldown menu

Login to Give a bone

Default dialog boxes won't open from standard toolbar or pulldown menu

Suddenly, when I use the Standard toolbar buttons or the pulldown menus to open or saveas drawings, the dialog boxes don't open. Instead I am forced onto the command line, and can't browse to find the file I want. The problem seems to only occur with these commands: new/qnew, open, saveas. Other commands work OK.
    Everything was fine until I had a few recent drawing crashes. There were problems with the file which I fixed by dint of various audits and wblocking the whole drawing. Not sure whether that's related or not. I've tried rebooting my computer and restarting Autocad, but that doesn't help. The problem occurs whether or not I already have a drawing open.
    Is there a way to fix this without re-installing Autocad? Thanks for any suggestions.

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind - as soon as I posted this a similar thread popped up. Reset FILEDIA to 1 and all is solved. Thanks AUGI!!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: dialog boxes won't open from standard toolbar or pulldown menu

Quote Originally Posted by gill View Post
    Suddenly, when I use the Standard toolbar buttons or the pulldown menus to open or saveas drawings, the dialog boxes don't open. Instead I am forced onto the command line, and can't browse to find the file I want. The problem seems to only occur with these commands: new/qnew, open, saveas. Other commands work OK.
    Everything was fine until I had a few recent drawing crashes. There were problems with the file which I fixed by dint of various audits and wblocking the whole drawing. Not sure whether that's related or not. I've tried rebooting my computer and restarting Autocad, but that doesn't help. The problem occurs whether or not I already have a drawing open.
    Is there a way to fix this without re-installing Autocad? Thanks for any suggestions.

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind - as soon as I posted this a similar thread popped up. Reset FILEDIA to 1 and all is solved. Thanks AUGI!!
    Thanks for taking the time to post your solution. Glad you found something that worked! :mgreen:
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost