Thread: Double Click To Edit

Wish List Administration

Default Double Click To Edit

Summary: It would be great if you could double click to get into editing the text for C3D labels like you can with Mtext.

Description: It would be great if you could double click to get into editing the text for C3D labels like you can with Mtext.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD Civil 3D - Annotate (Civil 3D Labels)

Submitted By: BenMac on 11/23/2015

Default Re: Double Click To Edit

One can add the necessary commands for each object type in the CUI. Of course, this is a manual task to update the CUI, but it is doable.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

In the CUI under Double Click Actions you can Add "AECC_GENERAL_NOTE_LABEL" and then the action Edit Label Text.
    I agree it should be built in at least for the General Note Label.
    Thanks,
    Conan Witzel

You can do this with autolisp also.

I wrote a routine that detects the entity type and launches the appropriate editor for text, mtext, attributes, C3D labels, etc.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Hello, rkmcswain, can you share that lisp routine? I can't make the CUI trick work?!?!
    Last edited by rickquin651723; 2021-02-26 at 05:24 PM.

Can anyone help point me to the location of the Edit Label Text command/control in the CUI? I've looked for over an hour and can't seem to find it. I'm pretty sure I've looked through all the drop-down menus and have yet to find it. I'm wondering if I somehow deleted it?!?!? I know I had it at some point because I have other double-click label actions already set up

TIA

You can search the command list in the CUI for commands you wish to interact with. The Edit Label Text is part of the CIVIL menu.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

The CIVIL menu should be in the lower-left pane correct? This is all that's available when you grab the pulldown.
    CUI.jpg

Not necessarily. You should be able to use the Search command list box just above the drop down you have showing to search for the commands you are looking for.
    jUSt

Understood, the search turns up with no results.