Thread: Dynamic Block Visiblity State Won't Go back to Initial State

Login to Give a bone

Default Dynamic Block Visiblity State Won't Go back to Initial State

I have a dynamic block with a double lookup table. As you stretch it the part number and vertical clearance text changes. It works until you stretch it back to it's initial state. For some reason the text will not revert back without resetting the block. Any Suggestions? Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dynamic Block Visiblity State Won't Go back to Initial State

The reason it will not go back to the initial state is because the drawn parameter size does not match the value in the lookup table. The drawn size of the linear parameter is just slightly off (less than 1/256) from 8' 8-9/64" but the closest value on the lookup table is 8' 8-1/8". Perhaps you had the luprec system variable at less than 8 and so when you created the parameter list it defaulted to the 8' 8-1/8" on the lookup. When list values and lookups are misbehaving it is best to set luprec to 8 AND to type in the distance for the given parameter's default value rather than using snap. All of that said, the visibility states and double lookup are not necessary. The visibility changes can all be accomplished using fields. See the attached. The block on the left is your version, but with the parameter/lookup fixed. The block on the right has only a single visibility state and instead of the double lookup it has two lookups linked to the same table. The fields reference those two lookups in order to display the correct values. A regen updates the fields after a change has been made. Attachment 102510

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the help Libbybapa. You were correct; the Luprec variable was set to 6. I liked your solution, but I think I prefer the double lookup. I doesn't require any input from the user. The blocks I'm creating aren't for my own use. The engineers that will be using them have limited AutoCAD experience. The less they have to do the better.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Ah, I never thought of the step of running regen as an issue, but I can see how it might be. Here's one more version that uses a block properties table instead of the lookups. The advantage here is a single visibility state and the attribute values are populated instantly rather than requiring a regen.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks again! That was a great solution. I'm fairly new to dynamic blocks. I've never used a block properties table. Very interesting!