Myself and another colleague make up the multimedia department of the design group at our company. He is running 3D MAX 2015, and I (as well as the rest of the design group of about 10 people) are running 3D MAX Design 2015. Last week we were trying to apply some maps to a series of objects that are each supposed to have their own different map. Through trial and error, we discovered that when I import these objects (which are all imported from one CAD file) into MAX, and then I try to apply maps, the entire set of objects receives the same map and I can't break this behavior. We he imports via the same exact procedure, he is able to apply a map to each independent object, which is what we want. Coming in from CAD, these objects are all blocks, and they are all on the same layer. On my Max, they are not grouped and when I try unlinking them, all 144 objects jump to the same coordinates. If he applies maps to the separate objects then saves the Max file and I open it on my computer, the result is the same behavior that all objects get one map when I try to apply them.

Any thoughts as to why his MAX accomplishes this and my MAX Design does not? I was told recently that the only difference between MAX and MAX Design is content in the library.