Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visual Studio 2013 Communite Version X Autocad .net Wizards 2016

Login to Give a bone

Default Visual Studio 2013 Communite Version X Autocad .net Wizards 2016

I have installed with no problems Autocad 2016 .net wizards, but not show in dialog templates of Visual Studio 2013 community version. Anyone knows a solution for this?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Visual Studio 2013 Communite Version X Autocad .net Wizards 2016

This may (or may not?) be of use, as I went through something similar back when Autodesk released 2015:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/net/a...d/td-p/5169991

HTH
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

In my case, I have installed with no errors, but just in c++ has something from autocad templates for 4.5 .Net framework, nothing in 4.0 or lower.

"Under this folder, you will find the "Visual Basic\Autodesk" and "Visual C#\Autodesk" sub folders with the project templates.

Please unzip the file, and open "MyTemplate.vstemplate" file in an editor. This file should have the framework specified as

<RequiredFrameworkVersion>4.5</RequiredFrameworkVersion>
    <MaxFrameworkVersion>4.5</MaxFrameworkVersion>

This will ensure that the project template only appears if it is 4.5"

I look in this folder and is empty.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by frankjanuba715924 View Post
    In my case, I have installed with no errors, but just in c++ has something from autocad templates for 4.5 .Net framework....
    Sounds like you mistakenly installed the ObjectARX Wizard (C++ for AutoCAD), in lieu of the .NET Wizard... These are not to be confused with the ObjectARX SDK, which provides both ObjectARX, and .NET (managed .NET & COM) assembly references and API documentation.

Cheers

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    Sounds like you mistakenly installed the ObjectARX Wizard (C++ for AutoCAD), in lieu of the .NET Wizard... These are not to be confused with the ObjectARX SDK, which provides both ObjectARX, and .NET (managed .NET & COM) assembly references and API documentation.

Cheers
    Thanks BlackBox, i have installed this:
    http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/file...zards-2016.zip
    Is correct file?

Login to Give a bone

ObjectARX is for the C++ language. You need the .NET wizards. Go to this page and scroll to the very bottom to find "AutoCAD .NET Wizards".
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn

Login to Give a bone

I'll try and put my question here, since it's VS Community related
    I had successfully installed VS Express for Desktop and then I got caught in the VS Community temptation
    So I downloaded the installation exe from https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/post-download-vs but installation process failed and there they started countless attempt for trying and fix it following what I found here and there in the web. I also wrote twice to Microsoft via the help form that automatically appears after every installation failure, but getting no answer. So I subscribed to msdn and launched a help cry there too. but not a sign of intelligent life after a week.
    my actual problem is that right after the very first failed attempt at installing VS Community 2015, I had problems in VS Express too: very slow at loading a solution as well as responding to commands in xamls solutions design window. Windows forms solution had problems as well, where I had to "ignore and continue" to make them run.
    so I'm now completely stuck with C#/Autocad programming.
    I run a Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 system, and highly hope I don't have to reinstall it.
    may be someone of you has already incurred in what above and successfully got through.
    in the meanwhile...going forward with VBA!

Login to Give a bone

Firstly, thanks, Ed.

Second, I'll see if I cannot revisit this next week when I'm on vacation - I'm supposed to be on vacation today, but am still working remotely on some SWFWMD review comments, so my engineer can finish the model and submit next week Grrr - as I do not have either Express, or Community installed (only VS 2015 Enterprise currently).

Cheers

Computer Specs:

Login to Give a bone

thank you BB
    I wouldn't have you not enjoy your vacation, I decided to install Windows 10 tomorrow and watch what happens...
    I'll keep you informed

Login to Give a bone

Not at all; my vacation time is long over due (I have several weeks of unused time). In fact, I'm already planning to do some development for a friend (consulting), updating my own Exchange Apps, dig into SincPac, etc. which ironically is more for fun as a departure from 'work'. Haha :geek:

Cheers

Computer Specs:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast