Thread: filled region image

Login to Give a bone

Default filled region image

I am doing a presentation drawing. I have a large grassy area in the site plan. In the past I would have done a green solid fill and be done with it. But I have the time and want to expand my knowledge of Revit and use a jpg image, which I've seen other Revit users do.

I created a filled region. In the fill region properties, there is an "image" parameter under identity data. I loaded a grass jpg into Revit that I found online which claims to be seamless. I browsed to the file and pointed the parameter to it. Nothing happened. I made sure the fill was in front. I swapped between transparent and opaque. Nothing happened. I checked Revit help, but none of the documentation shows anything about that "image" parameter. So I Googled "Revit filled region image" Nothing helpful turned up.

First question: What is the "Identity data/image" parameter for anyway if it's not for fills? Am I misunderstanding it?

Second question: Am I using the right approach to put grass on my plan using filled regions, or is there a better way? The grass has to fit the outline sketched in the filled region.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: filled region image

Typically I just add the "Grass" material to the toposurface under the "Material" parameter. It will render with the grass image and bump map you have chosen.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Mike - The "Image" parameter which is categorized under "Identity Data" is because schedules can now be show images. See attached as a crude example.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Kohl View Post
    Mike - The "Image" parameter which is categorized under "Identity Data" is because schedules can now be show images. See attached as a crude example.
    In other words, it's not what I thought. It's for schedules, not filled regions!

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

The filled region is only for a surface pattern when it not to be rendered. The material is what will show when you render. You can make your own and would say to look on you tube to see how. If you do make your own, make sure you make a folder for them and have the path set to that folder in your options tab under the big r at the upper right.