Thread: Enhanced Curve Creation Tools for Surveyors

Wish List Administration

Default Enhanced Curve Creation Tools for Surveyors

Summary: The ability to create curves from the end of a line either to the left or the right.

Description: Currently when creating a curve using the "Curve at the End of Object" command, there is no control on the direction the curve will go. Enhancing this command to have a prompt asking if the curve is going to the left or right, before entering information for a radius or point would make the process easier and quicker to draw in curves.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD Civil 3D - Other

Submitted By: Iceberg on 03/08/2016

Wish List Administration

Exclamation Re: Enhanced Curve Creation Tools for Surveyors

Enhanced Curve Creation Tools for Surveyors

Summary: The ability to create curves from the end of a line either to the left or the right.

Description: Currently when creating a curve using the "Curve at the End of Object" command, there is no control on the direction the curve will go. Enhancing this command to have a prompt asking if the curve is going to the left or right, before entering information for a radius or point would make the process easier and quicker to draw in curves.

Default Re: Enhanced Curve Creation Tools for Surveyors

This is already possible.

From the help system:
    When drawing a curve, specifying a positive radius or degree of curve draws the curve clockwise or to the right of the starting angle, whereas a negative radius or degree of curve draws the type curve counterclockwise or to the left.

I could stop if I wanted to

Then maybe the dialog needs to simplified or revised to reflect terminology used. also the spiral curves could use some considerable help

I could stop if I wanted to

Ideally I'd like to see an option to enter curves using Chord Bearing with the Chord Dist option. Most of the time I am drawing in the chord to cofirm accuracy.

However, there are cases that do not show those options in the legal descriptions and the arcs will still have to be rotated into place.

It just seems that there are times when AutoCad will just draw in the arc wrong and then time is used fixing the issue. I am just looking for more/better options to control how the arcs are drawn form the command line instead of having to use additional commands.

Wish List Administration

Enhanced Curve Creation Tools for Surveyors

Wish List Administration

This wish has been reported as granted and already in the software.