Thread: MLEADERSTYLE w/ CONTENT SET TO BLOCK & TOOL PALETTES

Login to Give a bone

Default MLEADERSTYLE w/ CONTENT SET TO BLOCK & TOOL PALETTES

Hi All,

I need help updating an MLEADERSTYLE in my sheet set which uses a user defined block for content. This block is a rectangle with an attribute which we use to "tag" finishes on our interior elevation sheets.
    Previously, the sheets all had a style used for this and it used the OOTB block called "box", but we had problems on different machines having different definitions of that block. But, it is one of those blocks embedded in the ACAD program - we cannot locate it - so we are going to use the new user defined block.

I have two problems (kind of related):

I have insert the new block into a sheet file, and then in the MLEADERSTYLE dialog box I Modify the type and choose the new block, but the MLeaders already in place do not update. The only method that works is to select them individually - this is the arduous part. changing style, and then reverting back to the modified one does not work. Selecting multiple instances and then changing the block from the Properties dialogue only changes the last on selected (or maybe it is the first one selected). So if anyone knows a work-around I'm all ears.

For sheets where there are not any yet placed, I thought I would be clever and create an action macro to purge the style and insert a new instance, but I settled on using a tool palette which includes the MLEADERSTYLE which I call "DKDA KeyTag". When I place my "keytag" using the tool palette everything works as expected. The MLEADERSTYLE shows up on the list, but the block used for Content is not using the user defined block, but instead is listed as "Callout". If I use the command MLEADER (or use Ribbon) to place a new instance MLEADER I am prompted for a block to use. I want to know why the one dragged from the tool palette did not establish that already. Anybody know?

thanks, any input would be appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: MLEADERSTYLE w/ CONTENT SET TO BLOCK & TOOL PALETTES

ok, I think I RESOLVED the tool palette issue.

I recreated the tool, and as long as the MLEADERSYTLE doesn't exist in the file, dragging it from the tool palette establishes the style and user block.

Now, it would be nice if the first problem - UPDATING EXISITNG MULTILEADERS - could be resolved. I read that I should be able to select all, change style, select all, change style back but it is NOT working for me.

Login to Give a bone

how about changing all to something else, purging out the bad definition, inserting the good definition, and then setting all mleaders to that?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cadtag View Post
    how about changing all to something else, purging out the bad definition, inserting the good definition, and then setting all mleaders to that?
    I gave it a shot, but it didn't work. When I change the style to say, one with multileader type set to MTEXT, the MLEADER objects maintain the block for content and defaults to "box" - which was the original block assigned to the style. Changing back to the new style has no affect. I still have to select individual objects to change that property. (at this point I am done, except for one sheet someone else is working on)