Hello everyone; first time posting here in AUGI...

I'm having a heck of a time. I recently renewed my subscription to Building Design Suite Premium to use Revit 2014. I had been previously been using Revit 2014 in trail mode. The new serial number Autodesk sent me does not work, nor does the Product Key match; they say I must reinstall the program. I have tried a few tricks to avoid doing this, such as making changes to the license.ini file, but with no luck.

Here's the problem though: Revit 2014 won't uninstall. Everytime I try, I get a message saying that the uninstall failed. Of course, I can reinstall the program without uninstalling it first, so I'm screwed.

This is not a new problem: it's well documented on the net, and the solution is often to use Microsoft Fix It, but this does not work with Windows 10, and there is no suggestion from Microsoft on what to do.

I've also tried using the Autodesk Uninstall tool, but that did not work either.

So basically I can't use Revit anymore, and all of the documented tricks do not work. Any suggestions?

Ben