Thread: Multiple xclips interfering with eachother

Login to Give a bone

Default Multiple xclips interfering with eachother

Hello,

I am having an issue with multiple xrefs interfering with each other (see image below an also attached if too small).

Essentially I have a Main Floor Plan drawing that I have xref'd into a Millwork drawing. I've then clipped the Main Floor Plan drawing and copied it multiple times to focus on certain areas. The issue is the wall systems in the Main Floor Plan seem to ignore and extend past the clipping boundary, and clean-up or interfere with the nearby located clipped plans.

Is there any way to stop this from happening?

Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Multiple xclips interfering with eachother

I think I've resolved this one my own:

"Disable cleanup between external references and the host drawing: Open the file you are externally referencing, and edit the Wall Cleanup Group Definition(s) you are using. On the Manage ribbon tab, on the Style & Display panel, select the Style Manager tool. Expand the Architectural Objects node below that drawing file, and the Wall Cleanup Group Definitions node as well. Select each definition in turn and, on the Design Rules tab, uncheck the Allow Wall Cleanup between host and xref drawings toggle. OK back out to the drawing, save the file and then reload it in the upper floor file. The Walls in that file should no longer be trying to cleanup with the Walls in the externally referenced file."

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ports_9144796 View Post
    I think I've resolved this one my own:

"Disable cleanup between external references and the host drawing: Open the file you are externally referencing, and edit the Wall Cleanup Group Definition(s) you are using. On the Manage ribbon tab, on the Style & Display panel, select the Style Manager tool. Expand the Architectural Objects node below that drawing file, and the Wall Cleanup Group Definitions node as well. Select each definition in turn and, on the Design Rules tab, uncheck the Allow Wall Cleanup between host and xref drawings toggle. OK back out to the drawing, save the file and then reload it in the upper floor file. The Walls in that file should no longer be trying to cleanup with the Walls in the externally referenced file."
    The other option, for anyone else who has this problem but for other reasons cannot change the Wall Cleanup Definition (which has to be done in the externally referenced file(s), not in the host file, so it will affect all externally referenced instances of the file(s)), would be to locate the clipped reference files in model space such that there are not cases where Walls in the external references beyond the clip overlap any visible Walls in any other external reference. You would not be able to compose your sheet layout in model space, and would need multiple view ports on the layout, but it can be done that way.

If you never care that externally referenced Walls will not clean up with host Walls or Walls in other external references, then ports_9144796's solution disallowing cleanup between external references and hosts is the better solution.

Login to Give a bone

Wow. It's cool