Thread: Titlesheets Conundrum

Login to Give a bone

Default Titlesheets Conundrum

I work for a very small practice and I have been using Revit on a number iof project for a year or so now. We had some customised titlesheets set up for Revit 2014 by an Autodesk affiliated company. As we moved onto Revit 2016 a number of bugs started to appear in the titlesheets. Things like text sizes were not rescaling to different page sizes and font types were not consistent. I have been having a bit of back and forth with the company and they are charging an extortionate price to fix the problem and yet they cannot guarantee that further problems will not develop later down the line. So we are looking at an additional unforeseen yearly cost.

Is this a problem everyone encounters and does the practice have to bite the bullet and take the cost? Or, is there value in trying to fix the problem myself (Yes, I know it's not as easy as you might think)?

Any advice would be really helpful.

Certifiable AUGI Addict Dimitri Harvalias's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Titlesheets Conundrum

Welcome to the forums Chris.
    Not sure what you are referring top when you talk about different 'page' sizes. Text scaling should never be an issue in Revit. Revit text styles are based on 'plotted' units and will always remain the same regardless of the scale the view is plotted at.
    If text styles were developed consistently (same font applied) and those fonts are on the machine where the titleblock is loaded then that shouldn't be an issue either. If you post the titleblock here perhaps we can be of assistance in pointing out where things are gong awry. Defining specific issues would be helpful.

Login to Give a bone

Hi Chris

I've not had problems upgrading my titlesheets, starting from 2012 to now.

Creating your own titlesheets isn't particularly difficult and I am wondering how they are complicated so they can go wrong. Saying text sizes not rescaling on different page sizes is interesting, do you have all your different sheet size titleblocks as different types in one single family? If so this could be quite clever but it isn't needed. Just have a different family for each sheet size & orientation.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the advice, that is really helpful.

I am glad to hear that this problem may not be as complicated as first thought . To be more specific about the issues we are facing I’ve attached some screenshots, the various sheets layouts come built into the template we had set up at the office.

The problems appear to be:
    A0/A1/A2 – The text for ”Rev Description Date Drw Check” isn’t scaling correctly.
    A3 – Drawing number overlapping, text too large this time.

New Sheet.JPG
    A1.JPG
    A3.JPG

Login to Give a bone

Hi Chris, sorry I hadn't seen your reply until now.

Go into your families and see what text size they are set to and correct where necessary.

Serves me right for saying I haven't ever had problems as I've just upgraded to 2017 and my font now seems to be larger and spaced out more messing up all the templates.

Login to Give a bone

Hi Monkey,
    As has been written on many a boards and blogs, Adesk didn't do us any favors with the new text editor.
    They've redefined how fonts are done. So yes, all of your text will get slightly taller and Wider. This includes any text you have symbols, families or anywhere in your model.
    So all that work you've done over the last 10yrs, since we've started complaining about it, will need to be redone.
    This was an added feature so when you export to autocad, the text size and placement better aligns. Or at least that's what I've been told.