See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Revit MEP 2014 & 2016 Generic Tee Fitting Family Pipe Connectors

Login to Give a bone

Default Revit MEP 2014 & 2016 Generic Tee Fitting Family Pipe Connectors

I am trying to migrate plumbing fixture unit data from plumbing fixtures through pipe. Data will migrate successfully through elbow fittings. Data will not migrate through Tee fittings. (See attached image) I have tried to connect generic fittings and vendor built fittings, and the result is the same. I have tried changing the System Classification and the Flow Configuration of the Pipe Connectors, and the data won't flow through the Tee Fitting. This problem occurs with Domestic Water pipe as well as Sanitary Waste Pipe. I have tried linking and unlinking different combinations of Pipe Connectors within the Tee Fitting families. The Elbow Fittings I have used that migrate data correctly have Pipe Connectors set to the "Fitting" System Classification. Adding a third connector seems to prevent data migration. I would appreciate any suggestions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

All AUGI, all the time JoelLondenberg's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit MEP 2014 & 2016 Generic Tee Fitting Family Pipe Connectors

Revit can only figure out flow if there is exactly one possible path - too few or too many and it gives up and shows 0.

In the picture you posted, if you add a cap to one of those ends, the flow will suddenly show up on the other.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for your quick reply. I have tried capping one of the two open branches as you suggested, and yes, the data flows to two out of the three branches connected to the Tee Fitting. I need Fixture Unit data to migrate from Plumbing Fixtures at one end, to the main Sanitary Waste pipe building exit point. Like any Sanitary Waste system, there will be many Sanitary Tee Fittings, with data in a main upstream of an incoming branch from a Plumbing Fixture combining to make a sum total. Ideally, the building exit point would report the total amount of Waste Fixture Units connected to the Sanitary Main Pipe. I assume users are modeling Sanitary Waste and Domestic water systems with many Tee Fittings, so how do they manage to migrate Fixture Unit or Flow data?

Login to Give a bone

If a system is fully connected, the data will transfer as you say. Instead of a cap, attach the open end of your system to another water closet. It will then show 6 fixture units in the downstream outlet.

Login to Give a bone

I am attaching a section view that hopefully will better illustrate my problem. As shown in the image, almost all fixtures pipe directly to a Tee Fitting, so I can't model the pipe system as you suggested. Connecting the Sanitary Plumbing Fixture Section View.JPGmain serving the Water Closet in the image does not change the vertical pipe segment that is not reporting any data. The Sanitary pipe upstream of the Tee Fitting shows Fixture Unit data because it is connected to a connector family to separate the Waste from Vent piping. The Connector family is my work-around to make a Vent system that will carry Drainage Fixture Unit data. Let me know if this situation is still unclear.

Login to Give a bone

Sanitary and Vent piping is discussed in a class I did a while back at AU. You can see this on page 8 of the handout.

Here's the link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/b7ix1t14me...Leaks.pdf?dl=0

Login to Give a bone

I followed your Dropbox link, but I got a page can't be displayed error message. Could you please directly attach the pdf file to your next thread Reply? Thanks very much.

Login to Give a bone

Login to Give a bone

Sorry, this link failed as well. Is the pdf too large or ppt file too large to attach to a message? Thanks for working with me.