Thread: Multileader text won't stay visible and won't plot

Login to Give a bone

Default Multileader text won't stay visible and won't plot

I'm a pipeline guy, my projects are miles long and run in every direction. All my projects have many viewports, sometimes hundreds, I understand and use UCS's and views to navigate and work in model space. I understand why people chose to put all labeling in paperspace; time and place people, time and place, and it doesn't work that way in my world. I do all my work in one place, not in hundreds of tabs. Anyway, new company, new CAD setup and I'm seeing something I've never seen before. I have multileader text with background masking in modelspace and I cannot keep the text visible in paperspace on random drawing tabs. They become visible sometimes when...... regen, switching to and from MS & PS, resetting the scale. I have multiple vports per tab and the vports will alternate visibility and it's only the text that goes invisible, the leaders and background masks stay visible and plot. I've checked MS vs PS layer states and that is not the issue, it's just the strangest thing. I can activate one vport and regen and the text will appear and plot, but if I activate the other vport the text in the original vport goes away.

I am running 2018 Civil 3D. Any ideas?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Multileader text won't stay visible and won't plot

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanherron View Post
    I'm a pipeline guy, my projects are miles long and run in every direction. All my projects have many viewports, sometimes hundreds, I understand and use UCS's and views to navigate and work in model space. I understand why people chose to put all labeling in paperspace; time and place people, time and place, and it doesn't work that way in my world. I do all my work in one place, not in hundreds of tabs. Anyway, new company, new CAD setup and I'm seeing something I've never seen before. I have multileader text with background masking in modelspace and I cannot keep the text visible in paperspace on random drawing tabs. They become visible sometimes when...... regen, switching to and from MS & PS, resetting the scale. I have multiple vports per tab and the vports will alternate visibility and it's only the text that goes invisible, the leaders and background masks stay visible and plot. I've checked MS vs PS layer states and that is not the issue, it's just the strangest thing. I can activate one vport and regen and the text will appear and plot, but if I activate the other vport the text in the original vport goes away.

I am running 2018 Civil 3D. Any ideas?
    Just a guess, but are these multileaders annotative? (have annotative scales?)
    If so, it sounds like the assigned annotative scales to the multileaders don't match the scales of the viewports, and so they may not show up in PS.

Not really sure if that is the issue if it comes and goes?

Login to Give a bone

Typically when that is the issue they either do not show up at all or are just the wrong size. Originally they were, but at the scale I'm working with they didn't need to be, so I turned them off. Being at a new company and getting a fresh install, I have had to change various setting to get CAD running correctly and I am wondering if there's some oddball sysvar that has an intermittent effect on the display, or it's something with the display driver. It's just very strange.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanherron View Post
    Typically when that is the issue they either do not show up at all or are just the wrong size. Originally they were, but at the scale I'm working with they didn't need to be, so I turned them off. Being at a new company and getting a fresh install, I have had to change various setting to get CAD running correctly and I am wondering if there's some oddball sysvar that has an intermittent effect on the display, or it's something with the display driver. It's just very strange.
    Well my first thought, and that you mentioned you had many viewports, was the MAXACTVP variable (maximum active viewports), the maximum you can set is 64 I believe.
    If you have more viewports then your limit you have set, viewports start shutting off as you add new ones.

Not sure if that is related but worth looking into.

Login to Give a bone

Good thought, but I am set to 64. I'm at 54 vports, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Login to Give a bone

Audit?? or....

copy a problematic viewport, and replace the original with the new version?

is the text style itslef annotative? not just the mleader