Thread: Use a multileader as a callout block in SSM

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Use a multileader as a callout block in SSM

Hi gang,

Been a while. How's everybody?

I'm setting up a template sheet set at a new client. This client uses mleaders with a block as their detail callout tag.

I have all the other blocks (elevation tag, detail title, section tag, etc.) set up and working as expected in SSM. However, I can't get the mleader styles to work.

1. They are not blocks so I can't select them in the "callout blocks" section of the SSM properties dialog box.
    2. If I make blocks out of an mleader entity, I can add them in the "Callout blocks" section and they insert, but they need to be exploded to be used... and, their fields (View Number/Sheet Number) are not populated.

Is there a way to do what I want? Can you use mleaders as callouts in SSM? Can a person be truly happy?

Thanks as always for any help...

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Use a multileader as a callout block in SSM

Not sure that I understand; can you not insert a FIELD in the MLeader, and reference the desired SSM Sheet, Sheet Set, Custom Properties?

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

I can do that manually.

But there is no way to add an mleader to the Sheet Set properties so I can right click on a Sheet View, Select "insert callout" and insert the callout with the fields populated automatically.

Easy with a block... in fact my section and elevation tags work perfectly.

If I make a block out of an mleader object (so that I can add it in the sheet set properties) I need to explode it after I insert it and then the fields are not populated.

Does that help? I feel like I'm confusing matters.

Login to Give a bone

I'd have to tinker, as I do not currently use this aspect of SSM. However, after some reading on this via KB, it appears as though Autodesk stopped developing SSM (in 2006-ish?), before MLeaders were introduced... And subsequently never found time to update SSM.

That said, since adding them as a Block works, but requires they subsequently be EXPLODEd, you could implement a Reactor that filtered for Blocks of specific names that are appended to the DB, store their ObjectId(s), and programmatically Explode ghose ObjectIds following CommandEnded event.

The best alternative I can offer, would be to setup some MLeaders with FIELDs, and add to a custom Palette.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000