Thread: Annotative text orientations

Login to Give a bone

Default Annotative text orientations

Hello all,

I am using annotative texts, and notice that the same text on different scales may with different orientations, insert types or locations. Is there is a way to stop this from happening?

Thanks in Advance.

Nwanne

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Annotative text orientations

Annotative texts are a great way to label drawings however they do have some limitations when using multiple scale factors.

If you need to move the text around, you cant use the move command. This will move the text for all of the scale factors and will cause the leader to point to some other object. To move text around you need to either set the drawing scale, to the desired scale, in model space or move the text around in each individual viewport. I recommend using the viewports. To move the text so that the leader points in the correct location you need to move the text by using your grips.

The rotation of the text is also based on the annotative scale. You can use the sync scale positions to get the text and rotation of the text to be located in the same spot across the multi scale factors.

Hope this makes sense.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks,

Got the most of it except the sync scale positions bit. Please break it down a bit more, would you? Thanks

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

So basically the Sync Scale Position will, rest the location of the selected annotative text to the current annotative scale location. So lets say you have a piece of text that is at 20, 30, and 50 scale. The text is located in different spots and rotated differently. The current scale is 30, so when you use the command to sync the text, it will pull the 20 and 50 scale pieces of text, to the location of the 30 scale and rotate it to match.

You can find the command on the Ribbon. Select the Annotate Tab on the Ribbon. On the far right side, you will see the panel called Annotation Scaling. Click on the Sync Scale Positions button. Then select the text and it will adjust.

Login to Give a bone

Hi, using ACAD2018. Currently drawing up Storm and Foul Sewer layouts and hoping to use Annotative text to label the pipe sizes as we will definitely have the layouts at different scales. I've used DDTEXT to label the pipes (it's easier to edit than MTEXT) for the 1st pipe and edited it for the 2nd, 3rd, etc. However, when I use TORIENT to rotate the text to suit the 2nd, 3rd etc. pipeline, only the current "scaled" text rotates correctly, and the other scales remain as per the original text? I don't want to have the text orientated to "paperspace" or LAYOUT as it needs to run parallel to their respective pipes. Is there a solution or do I have to rotate each Annotative scale independently?